Secret Invasion on Disney Plus starring Samuel L Jackson (out June 21st)

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
The MCU needs Mr. Fantastic badly

Now that Tony Stark is gone there’s no genius for them to lean on

In the comics Mr. Fantastic developed a way to tell the Skrulls apart from Humans
What makes it worse is that Skrulls are different enough from humans that they're immune from radiation and live at nuclear waste sites.

Could you at least start scanning people with Geiger counters or something?

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
That Rhodey and Fury conversation was great

I enjoyed the scene..but there was something weird about the way it was edited.

For most of the conversation, I was like "Are these actors ACTUALLY in the same room?"

The way the camera was cut they ONLY showed one actors face at a time, and just the back of the other actors head.

I was getting distracted by the thought that maybe each actor filmed their half of the conversation at different times and different places, and that it was just edited using CGI and standins to make it look like a single scene.

Since we're still coming out of the COVID era, I wouldn't be surprised.

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
I enjoyed the scene..but there was something weird about the way it was edited.

For most of the conversation, I was like "Are these actors ACTUALLY in the same room?"

The way the camera was cut they ONLY showed one actors face at a time, and just the back of the other actors head.

I was getting distracted by the thought that maybe each actor filmed their half of the conversation at different times and different places, and that it was just edited using CGI and standins to make it look like a single scene.

Since we're still coming out of the COVID era, I wouldn't be surprised.
I feel they did that in “Hawkeye” when Haliee Steinfeld and Florence Pugh met for the first time. It looked like they filmed their scenes separately because they were never in the same frame

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Economy of storytelling. It didn’t ruin the scene. It just didn’t add anything(yet).

Because compared to that WS story which was about paranoia/security . The grandfather story didn’t tell you who his afraid of(black, white, man, Italian, Latino, etc). He just carried just in case. The era wasn’t exactly pinned down. Just that he worked in an elevator

The chicken, colored section part didn’t really matter to the narrative. The Skrulls aren’t facing discrimination for what they look like at this point. This is closer to a McCarthyism style they are among us. The lying to someone you trust part of the story was the thing that mattered

I mean yeah but to me as a character it still added to him as a character fleshing out his backstory...:manny: I mean all these movies in the MCU and we don't know much about Fury other than what we've seen or he told us... I think he was pointing out racism to show that the skrulls are the outsiders/black folks in the allegory and making war with the humans aint a good idea...:manny: but that's just my opinion.

No Ma’am

Bang, Bang, Bang
Daps
Fury got him a sista :whew:
skrull-captain-marvel.gif

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
So you got 2 Black Men, high up in the executive branch, both ADOS, probably Democrats at that...

They've been sneaking in and keeping quiet about so called refugeees, but actually ILLEGAL ALIENS.

And now those wetbacks spacebacks are trying to take over the world and REPLACE people like you and me?

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
So you got 2 Black Men, high up in the executive branch, both ADOS, probably Democrats at that...

They've been sneaking in and keeping quiet about so called refugeees, but actually ILLEGAL ALIENS.

And now those wetbacks spacebacks are trying to take over the world and REPLACE people like you and me?
Fury is a traitor to his race. lol

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Skrull breh got the worst temp-fade in the history. Supercuts wouldn't have even did that bad of a job :picard:

Is Emilia Clarke biracial or is she wearing dark make-up? She looks mixed in the show, and I don't ever remember her looking mixed before.
Supposedly she part Indian