Secret Invasion on Disney Plus starring Samuel L Jackson (out June 21st)

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
"Help a brotha out."

It would have okay maybe if they said it once.

But it's like they are trying to make race a focal point of the show. It's too on the nose. We don't need a reminder every 5 seconds that fury is black. We can see that. Duh.

I think y’all are looking too deep into that and also probably blaming the wrong person.

Feels like that’s not something writers wrote and it’s something more or less that Sam L wanted and chose to say.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
With that being said, @Bryan Danielson you and Feige got one. You finally got one. This is on track to be the best d plus marvel show out of all of them. The writing gets a little shaky in the "I'm a brotha, brotha :dahell:" parts, but other than that, I rocks with it.

The ending would have been incredible if it hadnt been spoiled by that fool @Jazzy B. In TLR.

I hate that nxgga.

They always had one.. :ufdup:

Look the choices always been

Wandavision, Loki, Hawkeye, etc

Or

Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow, etc

Those were your only 2 choices in this game:stopitslime:

Daps
I think y’all are looking too deep into that and also probably blaming the wrong person.

Feels like that’s not something writers wrote and it’s something more or less that Sam L wanted and chose to say.

Sam Jackson is being credited as a producer so im sure he's adlibbing a lot. But he's doing it too much.

You should have told him to tone it down :ufdup:

Daps
They always had one.. :ufdup:

Look the choices always been

Wandavision, Loki, Hawkeye, etc

Or

Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow, etc

Those were your only 2 choices in this game:stopitslime:

The earlier seasons of Flash and Legends were more entertaining than Loki and Hawkeye.

Hawkeye was trash. I will never forgive y'all for what you did to Kingpin.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
"Help a brotha out."

It would have okay maybe if they said it once.

But it's like they are trying to make race a focal point of the show. It's too on the nose. We don't need a reminder every 5 seconds that fury is black. We can see that. Duh.
I didn’t get “ race” from the line.

Fury is a spy and in the spy genre they use whatever tools they need to manipulate their mark. Bond uses head games, ego, sex..etc to get his mark.

Fury needed Rhodey’s help and appealed to him as a black man, his integrity, and as a favor for helping him get his position.

Rhodey threw it right back at him(professionally, personally, ancestry)and the last “brotha” was exactly him rebuking him for trying that junk as mediocre

Daps
I didn’t get “ race” from the line.

Fury is a spy and in the spy genre they use whatever tools they need to manipulate their mark. Bond uses head games, ego, sex..etc to get his mark.

Fury needed Rhodey’s help and appealed to him as a black man, his integrity, and as a favor for helping him get his position.

Rhodey threw it right back at him(professionally, personally, ancestry)and the last “brotha” was exactly him rebuking him for trying that junk as mediocre

Fury told the white woman in ep 1 "help a brotha out"

:dahell:

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Fury told the white woman in ep 1 "help a brotha out"

:dahell:

She picked him up based on a large black man being in Moscow and compared him to Paul Robeson. A Black man who thought the he would find support in Russia.

That ain’t the same

Edit: the Montgomery chicken train story was more egregious

Last edited:

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
The earlier seasons of Flash and Legends were more entertaining than Loki and Hawkeye.

Hawkeye was trash. I will never forgive y'all for what you did to Kingpin.

Oh…. No

You don’t get to do that. You gotta judge on the seasons it was around for and going up against :ufdup:

You won’t forgive for Kingpin in some clothes that’s actually canon…..

But you have no problem about what was done to Flash or Mr. Terrific :skip::wrist:

I see you

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
She picked him up based on a large black man being in Moscow and compared him to Paul Robeson. A Black man who thought the he would find support in Russia.

That ain’t the same

Edit: the Montgomery chicken train story was more egregious

How was it more egregious... we know fury is old extremely old... and we also know he dealt with racism heavy all in his life. granted remember when he told the story about his Grandfather being an elevator operator growing up in winter soldier. we still don't know much about him. it's refreshing to know more...:manny:

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
How was it more egregious... we know fury is old extremely old... and we also know he dealt with racism heavy all in his life. granted remember when he told the story about his Grandfather being an elevator operator growing up in winter soldier. we still don't know much about him. it's refreshing to know more...:manny:
Economy of storytelling. It didn’t ruin the scene. It just didn’t add anything(yet).

Because compared to that WS story which was about paranoia/security . The grandfather story didn’t tell you who his afraid of(black, white, man, Italian, Latino, etc). He just carried just in case. The era wasn’t exactly pinned down. Just that he worked in an elevator

The chicken, colored section part didn’t really matter to the narrative. The Skrulls aren’t facing discrimination for what they look like at this point. This is closer to a McCarthyism style they are among us. The lying to someone you trust part of the story was the thing that mattered

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
2nd episode :whew:

That Fury/ Rhodes convo and the Talos one was just great acting.

Fury did mention he was married back in Winter Soldier just didnt know it was to a Skrull. So many easter eggs were dropped this episode its crazy. We already see what Gravik's plan is for dealing with the Avengers. 4 more episodes lets go.