Seattle Breh(rette)s Help Me Out

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I'm actually puzzled at how the coli always mention the lack of black population in Seattle, exactly what is the acceptable amount? maybe I need to travel more to places like atl, new orleans etc to really dissect the issue. as far as I am concerned there's enough people of African descent here in south end, Tukwila, Renton, Kent, Federal Way and all the way to Tacoma.

I aint gonna lie tho back in the early 2000's there was a huge presence, I remember the central district area was practically the harlem of seattle but them developers came in the late 2000's and bought all the houses they could. Everyone cashed out and moved. The houses just a decade later are worth 3 times the amount it sold for. smh...I wish more people held on to their property.

Dawg, I've lived in or been to a lot of major cities and I've always seen enough black folks (ADOS for those who prefer the term) to make me feel comfortable. Some places you go and you get the feeling of :mjpls: lol
But Seattle is the first major city I've been where there's a notable dearth of black folks.

Your bio says you from the town, I'm assuming Oakland, so I'd think you'd know a city with a prominent black population. But there's really nothing comparable to growing up in Atlanta in the 90s/2000s and seeing black folks havin thangs. Cars, businesses, HBCU degrees, nice homes and it all felt, and IS attainable. Maybe growing up that way and going to an HBCU skewed my perception of life a bit

In my 3 months in Seattle, I've made it a point to acknowledge black folks when I see em, an audible "wassup/how you doin" and headnod. Cuz I definitely don't see too many living where I live. I can see how gentrification has affected Central District fa sho

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
BUMP

I'm trying my best not to classify this city as WOAT for brehs to live, but damn it's lookin that way:damn:

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
why is that? Seattle seems ok outside of the cost of living

Yea cost of living is ridiculous and the city it's ok, but it's just Ok (to me). I'm 8 months in and my career/future prospects/reputation is the only thing keeping me positive and sane. Look at my post from May, I gotta be around black folks. If being around a thriving black community matters to you, then Seattle AINT for you :yeshrug:

@Howie Doroughberg post on the 2nd page now makes crystal clear sense now. I thought he was exaggerating or just downing his city, but I SEE what he's talking bout with my own eyes. I had to go back and rep that post all these months later:russ:

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
ESCOBAR SEASON HAS RETURNED :takedat::ahh:

Next Thursday night I'm touching back dine in Seattle for the first time in nearly 3 years. I left in April 2020, straight up threw all my stuff from my studio apt in boxes and suitcases and hopped on a Southwest Flight back to Atlanta. Sold everything on FB Marketplace, OfferUp, dropped bags of clothes by the jail and ain't been back since lol.

I gotta close the chapter so I'm gone drive thru my old spots, see some old co-workers, hoop, get me a sweet potato pie from Ezell's, indulge in some tree etc etc.

I'm sure a lot has changed but a lot is still the same, what do I need to do now that I'm coming byke?

@Eastside Get The Money @RadaMillz @West Coast Avenger @Russ @O Fenômeno @Morethan1 @Howie Doroughberg @Smokin Rider @Conscious Pilot

Daps
Reppin
Eastside of that Motor

Next Thursday night I'm touching back dine in Seattle for the first time in nearly 3 years. I left in April 2020, straight up threw all my stuff from my studio apt in boxes and suitcases and hopped on a Southwest Flight back to Atlanta. Sold everything on FB Marketplace, OfferUp, dropped bags of clothes by the jail and ain't been back since lol.

I gotta close the chapter so I'm gone drive thru my old spots, see some old co-workers, hoop, get me a sweet potato pie from Ezell's, indulge in some tree etc etc.

I'm sure a lot has changed but a lot is still the same, what do I need to do now that I'm coming byke?

@Eastside Get The Money
What’s good bro bro let’s link again :blessed:

And it’s different now this new dope got the fiends on 10 all day long. Most of downtown is dead. Hasn’t been raining that much tho so you might get some decent weather when you touch down

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola

@Eastside Get The Money @RadaMillz @West Coast Avenger @Russ @O Fenômeno @Morethan1 @Howie Doroughberg @Smokin Rider @Conscious Pilot
You moving back or visiting

Morethan1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest

I don't live there currently. But I'm trying to get back. It's a life goal of mine

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
I think earls closed :wow:

Uncle ikes on lake city way has this tree called peach ringz(og kush and wonderland ).

And I think Ezell owns heaven sent chicken..his wife owns the ezells chain ...either way pie be rocking.

Other than that I been out the way for like 2 years so I'm somewhat out the loop

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
What’s good bro bro let’s link again :blessed:

And it’s different now this new dope got the fiends on 10 all day long. Most of downtown is dead. Hasn’t been raining that much tho so you might get some decent weather when you touch down

I still got ya number saved, I just gotta remember what i saved it under lmao. I'll hit you up fa sho

Damn. I used to see some shyt living in the ID and riding the bus everyday, so I can't imagine what it's like now. Still tryna figure if I'ma rent a car or not

You moving back or visiting
Just visiting. Need a change of a scenery for a couple days and wanna knock out some work
I think earls closed :wow:

Uncle ikes on lake city way has this tree called peach ringz(og kush and wonderland ).

And I think Ezell owns heaven sent chicken..his wife owns the ezells chain ...either way pie be rocking.

Other than that I been out the way for like 2 years so I'm somewhat out the loop

I'm sure I got some reward points with Ikes, gone cop me some Pioneer Square edibles and some tree fa sho. I know there was a spat between Ezell and the fam, but I used to hit the original one in Central District.

Ski Mask

Friendzone: Collection 1
Daps
Reppin
Vegas/seattle
Just moved here and its a introverted paradise. I do agree if you need to be around black people, then seattle aint the place for you. Thank god im pawg/paagset or i would be shyt out of luck here.