Seagate reveals prices for Ps5 ssd expansions

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang
You asked lol.. As others have said, you don't actually need 4tb.. It's a convenience buy that allows you to not have to download every time you want to play something
I didn't ask that was the other breh. But this is for high-end computers I can't imagine someone buying this to put in a fukkin Playstation :russ:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I didn't ask that was the other breh. But this is for high-end computers I can't imagine someone buying this to put in a fukkin Playstation :russ:
My bad breh. But yea I gots to do it lol. The knockoff still $400. I just can’t get into pc gaming. Between this, ps5 and vr, they got me for damn near 1500

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
2tb are already 150 and under lol

But you might have to use a screwdriver :mjlol:
Still doesn't change the fact that a hot-swapable external carb based drive is preferable to having to open a device up to add storage. Considering they gave me 1TB on the Series X I'll never need extra storage for it though. PS5 came with a bit over 600GBs of usable space so just one large AAA game cuts that by a third almost. It needed extra storage out of the box IMO.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
doesn't change the fact that a hot-swapable external carb based drive is preferable to having to open a device up to add storage.

No it isn’t and im not even gonna argue with you as to why, because you know that’s stupid.

Makes no sense to discount the actual useable storage available on the series x and completely discount the series s, and do it for the ps5

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Still doesn't change the fact that a hot-swapable external carb based drive is preferable to having to open a device up to add storage. Considering they gave me 1TB on the Series X I'll never need extra storage for it though. PS5 came with a bit over 600GBs of usable space so just one large AAA game cuts that by a third almost. It needed extra storage out of the box IMO.
802GB vs 667GB

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
802GB vs 667GB
PS5 still needs to hold extra space for installation.

So let’s say you have a game that’s 50gb. then you need at least 100gb to install the game.

Doesn’t work like that on xbox, it just installs directly to the xbox.

Yes upgrading storage on PS5 is cheaper, but PS5 has much less usable storage up front and an easy plug in storage card will always be easier than opening up your console to upgrade.

Each side has its own benefits :manny:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
PS5 still needs to hold extra space for installation.

So let’s say you have a game that’s 50gb. then you need at least 100gb to install the game.

Doesn’t work like that on xbox, it just installs directly to the xbox.

Yes upgrading storage on PS5 is cheaper, but PS5 has much less usable storage up front and an easy plug in storage card will always be easier than opening up your console to upgrade.

Each side has its own benefits :manny:

I think you need to get a ps5

:mjlol:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
No it isn’t and im not even gonna argue with you as to why, because you know that’s stupid.
You don't even believe this and you know it. From a usability standpoint, a plug and play solution will always be superior. There's no concern about will it/won't it work, picking the wrong type, or any of that other stuff. The trade off is competition in the product pricing - although in this case it can be blamed on Microsoft not using an M.2 interface. Prices on typical M.2s will continue to drop, which is why you're in here rejoicing for stannery purposes.