Seagate reveals prices for Ps5 ssd expansions

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
You don't even believe this and you know it. From a usability standpoint, a plug and play solution will always be superior

In what way, unless you own multiples of the same consoles, the convenience of it actually does nothing for you, the fact that you can only use it on one platform makes it an even worse value. Now add in the shared cloud storage and again, what is the point?

Paying 400 dollars for 2tb is never going to be a good value. The whole “peopel are idiots and they’re gonna break their ps5’s” narrative never came true

Last edited:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
In what way, unless you own multiples of the same consoles, the convenience of it actually does nothing for you, the fact that you can only use it on one platform makes it an even worse value. Now add in the shared cloud data and again, what is the point?

Paying 400 dollars for 2tb, is never going to be a good value
The answer to that was in what you quoted and you added to the answer yourself. Usability, portability. In fact, everything you're talking about explains how useless expandable storage on both of these devices is anyway. Why buy more storage when dudes really only playing 2 or 3 games at a time anyway? Bu-bu-but :sadcam: - nah fool, you're not :comeon:.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The answer to that was in what you quoted and you added to the answer yourself. Usability, portability. In fact, everything you're talking about explains how useless expandable storage on both of these devices is anyway. Why buy more storage when dudes really only playing 2 or 3 games at a time anyway? Bu-bu-but :sadcam: - nah fool, you're not :comeon:.

Saying the usability of a memory card in 2023 trumps the price of paying a 3rd for storage is absolutely nuts and no one would agree thats a better value proposition:dahell:

Its not a better solution, its a solution to a problem no one had to begin with. People that are looking to spend money on upgrading storage 9/10 will choose cost over portability

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Still doesn't change the fact that a hot-swapable external carb based drive is preferable to having to open a device up to add storage. Considering they gave me 1TB on the Series X I'll never need extra storage for it though. PS5 came with a bit over 600GBs of usable space so just one large AAA game cuts that by a third almost. It needed extra storage out of the box IMO.
It's really not.. You ever tried to copy a game over? Hour minimum

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
He's referring to the xbox ssd. Works like internal drive.
Yea but not as fast as the internal on PS5, so we comparing apples to oranges. You can't get an external that matches the internal speed with a ps5.. With a Xbox, it's the same, slower, thing

PlayStation 5Xbox Series X
Internal Storage Size825GB1TB
IO Throughput5.5GB/s (Raw), Typical 8-9GB/s (Compressed)2.4GB/s (Raw), 4.8GB/s (Compressed)

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
Yea but not as fast as the internal on PS5, so we comparing apples to oranges. You can't get an external that matches the internal speed with a ps5.. With a Xbox, it's the same, slower, thing

IO Throughput5.5GB/s (Raw), Typical 8-9GB/s (Compressed)2.4GB/s (Raw), 4.8GB/s (Compressed)
Throughput trash as fukk on the X…
What decade is this???
:scust:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang

It doesn't take an hour minimum to copy a game :pachaha:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
It doesn't take an hour minimum to copy a game :pachaha:
Bet money... I just transferred every game I could to my 2tb SSD external.. shyt like 2k I just quit and gave up on after 90 mins... Regular shyt like Cyberpunk and Assassin's Creed took damn near 90 themselves... Even small PS4 games took 30 min to an hour

EDIT: Unless you're saying XBOX doesn't.. and well then yea.. I have no idea