Seagate reveals prices for Ps5 ssd expansions

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
1TB+ in total between the main drive/additional internal should be more than enough…that’s honestly about 20 decent-sized games
I'm skeptical that people are really playing that many games at once. I know I'm probably an outlier, but even though I have like 10 games of varying sizes on my Series X, I'm only playing 2 or 3 of them and realistically could get rid of the rest.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm skeptical that people are really playing that many games at once. I know I'm probably an outlier, but even though I have like 10 games of varying sizes on my Series X, I'm only playing 2 or 3 of them and realistically could get rid of the rest.

I can only speak for myself but for me it’s more so games that I started and got sidetracked from that I’d like to revisit/continue…also a lot of them are games where I can pick up and play for 30 minutes or so like 2k, GTA online, fortnite etc. but ya for the most part I’m only seriously rotating 2-3 single player games with the intention of finishing them off in a week or so

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Yeah, i usually only play one game at a time, but it’s annoying having to delete a game i didn’t really get a chance to dig into yet or finish.

I’d realistically probably be good with a extra 1tb but i feel its better to be safe than sorry and just get the 2tb. Next year with all the big games coming out and PSVR2 i dont wanna play musical chairs as much

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
I have a 5-6 game rotation at any given time split between two groups:

Continuous plays - Destiny 2, Latest COD, FFXIV/Genshin Impact - these never leave the system as I play them between new releases or when new content is available within them.

New plays - Currently:: Deathloop, F.I.S.T and Kena - newer or recently released games that I may be juggling. something could be shifted to be backlog at anytime if a new title drops or I promote something from the backlog that I'm really interested in.

ill_will82

What you see, is what you get
Daps
I have a 5-6 game rotation at any given time split between two groups:

Continuous plays - Destiny 2, Latest COD, FFXIV/Genshin Impact - these never leave the system as I play them between new releases or when new content is available within them.

New plays - Currently:: Deathloop, F.I.S.T and Kena - newer or recently released games that I may be juggling. something could be shifted to be backlog at anytime if a new title drops or I promote something from the backlog that I'm really interested in.

Yeah I think I'm about to start a 2-3 game rotation myself so I can cut into my backlog. Right now I'm playing Judgment (the first one) & COD: Cold War but I might come back to that later and try to finish TLOU 2 or Ghost of Tsushima.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
2tb SSd back down to $280

SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2 2280 2TB PCIe Gen 4.0 x4, NVMe 1.3c Samsung V-NAND Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) MZ-V8P2T0B/AM - Newegg.com

1tb SSD $127 with a trade in of any storage unit type at Best Buy

In Store Stacking Two Best Buy Offers: $127.50 WD SN850 NVME 1TB - works on other WD/SanDisk products

Compare this with the prices in the OP…..:whew:

Glad i waited for black friday
Meanwhile I can't get extra storage for my Series X at a reasonable price. 1tb here cost almost as much as that 2tb drive on sale. I don't even want 2tb on the PS5 cause at that point I feel like I'm spending extra just to have games download I'm likely not actively playing.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Meanwhile I can't get extra storage for my Series X at a reasonable price. 1tb here cost almost as much as that 2tb drive on sale. I don't even want 2tb on the PS5 cause at that point I feel like I'm spending extra just to have games download I'm likely not actively playing.
Ebay

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
2tb SSd back down to $280

SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2 2280 2TB PCIe Gen 4.0 x4, NVMe 1.3c Samsung V-NAND Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) MZ-V8P2T0B/AM - Newegg.com

1tb SSD $127 with a trade in of any storage unit type at Best Buy

In Store Stacking Two Best Buy Offers: $127.50 WD SN850 NVME 1TB - works on other WD/SanDisk products

Compare this with the prices in the OP…..:whew:

Glad i waited for black friday

Ordered mine directly from Samsung and they’re taking forever to ship. I can’t even cancel my order :snoop:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Ordered mine directly from Samsung and they’re taking forever to ship. I can’t even cancel my order :snoop:

I ordered my 2nd unit from samsung…don’t know if my experience is the norm but they didn’t update me on the shipping at all…I have both a fedex and UPS account so the only reason I found out it shipped is I logged in (can’t remember if it was fedex or UPS) and saw I had a package otw…how long ago did you order it? I don’t think it took more than a week for mine to arrive…but again they never updated me on the shipping even tho they were supposed to

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
I ordered my 2nd unit from samsung…don’t know if my experience is the norm but they didn’t update me on the shipping at all…I have both a fedex and UPS account so the only reason I found out it shipped is I logged in (can’t remember if it was fedex or UPS) and saw I had a package otw…how long ago did you order it? I don’t think it took more than a week for mine to arrive…but again they never updated me on the shipping even tho they were supposed to
I ordered last week and got a shipping notification Friday. It was supposed to be here Saturday then Sunday then tomorrow but it still hasn’t been dropped off to FedEx.

It was an impulse buy since I was using Rakuten + Card points + extra cash back but I would cancel it if I could. I had another set of issues trying to update my shipping info and can’t even hold it at FedEx because of Samsung insisting on not allowing shipping changes.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I ordered last week and got a shipping notification Friday. It was supposed to be here Saturday then Sunday then tomorrow but it still hasn’t been dropped off to FedEx.

It was an impulse buy since I was using Rakuten + Card points + extra cash back but I would cancel it if I could. I had another set of issues trying to update my shipping info and can’t even hold it at FedEx because of Samsung insisting on not allowing shipping changes.

aww damn…sounds like they just fukked up and didn’t have it in time for fedex…that’s fukked up if you paid for faster shipping