winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
its his money
Doesn't make it any less wasteful.

Everything you buy has an opportunity cost. Not just the item's price but what that money could have done for you instead.

Also PS5 games can be stored on an external drive. For less that half that money one could have 13TBs of total storage. A 1TB internal and a 12TB external. There's the tradeoff to having to move them off the external to play them but you're also getting 13TBs of storage for $400 instead of 4TBs of storage for $1000.

The $600 you saved if for example invested in Facebook at IPO be worth over $5000 today. There's just better stuff to do with money.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Everything you buy has an opportunity cost. Not just the item's price but what that money could have done for you instead.

Also PS5 games can be stored on an external drive. For less that half that money one could have 13TBs of total storage. A 1TB internal and a 12TB external. There's the tradeoff to having to move them off the external to play them but you're also getting 13TBs of storage for $400 instead of 4TBs of storage for $1000.

The $600 you saved if for example invested in Facebook at IPO be worth over $5000 today. There's just better stuff to do with money.

its only wasteful depending on how you value the convenience. I wouldn't pay that much money for it, but at the end of the day it's not my money. A 1000 dollars for him to never ever having to worry about space for games this entire generation is worth it. I mean, I don't see the problem, people spend their money on all sorts of crazy shyt, theres someone on here with like 30 dreamcast controllers lol

Last edited:

Maximus Rex

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Evils of Men
I'm saying if the system got fried in a storm you lost more money if it took the hard drive in the system with it than you did on the system itself.

There's no level of convenience that sees me putting a $1000 hard drive in a $500 system. Maybe in a PC where it can be used for more than storing console games.

Got fried in a storm? What is this the 1940s where surge protectors don't exist.

And if It dies I'll just get a new one

Maximus Rex

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Evils of Men

That $1k is worth not having the play the musical chairs bullshyt you have to do with the consoles and their small SDD 1TB HDD and some 12TB external

If you think $600 is making or breaking anything well... :mjlol:

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Randomly checked Best Buy and Amazon yesterday and got one off Amazon :blessed:

Expected delivery is between Nov 5-7 :martin:

ssd.png

:wtf: are you out of your mind......that price breh :skip:

WhiteWidow

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Copped the 2tb firecuda530 from bestbuy with heatsink got it delivered in 2 days, just in time for some new game drops.

homiedontplaydat

Omniversal Guardian
Supporter
Daps
I think I can get by with just a 500GB SSD if had to be honest. I only really invest in one game at a time(two if u count my 2k addiction) so I dont really have storage problems like that.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think I can get by with just a 500GB SSD if had to be honest. I only really invest in one game at a time(two if u count my 2k addiction) so I dont really have storage problems like that.

1TB+ in total between the main drive/additional internal should be more than enough…that’s honestly about 20 decent-sized games