Screenwriter exposes Hollywood, told script was 'too intelligent' for Black audiences

Jekyll

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:russell: Typical Q anon nut. These devil worshipping conspiracy theories ain’t even interesting anymore, seems like anyone can make a claim and you’d believe it.
There’s definitely some truth here. Anytime they are targeting people by demographic these kinds of conversations will pop up. I remember when those campaign emails came out with them straight up calling nikkas “low info voters” aka dumb ass nikkas and were plotting on how to win them over with bullshyt of no substance.

Best believe if someone is in a corporate meeting room talking about black demographics then 7/10 times they ain’t singing our praises.

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
To one of the points about how the CIA for example gives scripts, there was a news story recently that uncovered that during the 90s and 80s a lot of scripts in Hollywood were funded by the Government to contain heavy anti-drug messaging.

Our government has been involved in influencing creative control of media since WW2. Its not a surprise there.

I'm sure we've all seen and heard about creators in Hollywood needing to have their shyt approved by studio heads and people who are not creative types and how despite not being creative types, they have a lot of say of what gets aired or not. Their role is to keep those people in line with what is approved I imagine. Not to help them with their creative process.

Edit. It wasn't a recent article actually. I think I just saw it referenced recently.

Prime-time propaganda

Last edited:

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
not anymore this aint the 90s. a grip of people have found their lane thru youtube the internet. as well as digital recording devuces are more available than ever

:mjlol:

This fool brought up YouTube and readily available recording equipment to challenge someone saying producing and directing your own film isn't that straightforward.

I'm going to give you a piece of advice. The quality difference between a film using materials available at Costco and a film with a budget of $50 mil will be visible.

Lighting, sound, editing, actors, makeup, setting, stunt doubles, special effects etc. These things require skills and costs money.

Mr. McDowell

The Brotha's Got His Own Money
Daps
Reppin
Jamaica Estates
Bob Teitel is Puerto Rican, not Jewish. Married to a black woman as well. His business partner for many years is a black director George Tillman. I have met both men many times. I find them likeable enough. The truth is, being a screenwriter is a crap job. Too much nepotism. Either you are trying to produce or you'll get run over.

invalid

Banned
Daps
She appears to be a right wing conservative and maga sympathizer so her take on Hollywood dumbing down movies for black people is biased and not one coming from a genuine place of concern so I would take what she says with a grain of salt.

Here is her husband.

v78m1LuN_400x400.jpg

Daps
There’s definitely some truth here. Anytime they are targeting people by demographic these kinds of conversations will pop up. I remember when those campaign emails came out with them straight up calling nikkas “low info voters” aka dumb ass nikkas and were plotting on how to win them over with bullshyt of no substance.

Best believe if someone is in a corporate meeting room talking about black demographics then 7/10 times they ain’t singing our praises.

America is the only place in the world where these conspiracy theories surrounding the entertainment industry persist. And it’s always 100% about black people. Smh. And dumb Americans eat that shyt up. :francis:

Mr. McDowell

The Brotha's Got His Own Money
Daps
Reppin
Jamaica Estates
To one of the points about how the CIA for example gives scripts, there was a news story recently that uncovered that during the 90s and 80s a lot of scripts in Hollywood were funded by the Government to contain heavy anti-drug messaging.

Our government has been involved in influencing creative control of media since WW2. Its not a surprise there.

I'm sure we've all seen and heard about creators in Hollywood needing to have their shyt approved by studio heads and people who are not creative types and how despite not being creative types, they have a lot of say of what gets aired or not. Their role is to keep those people in line with what is approved I imagine. Not to help them with their creative process.

Edit. It wasn't a recent article actually. I think I just saw it referenced recently.

Prime-time propaganda

It is true that the department of defense does provide funding to films. Stories that are military-centric anyway. Why do you think a former senator like Chris Dodd becomes the head of the Motion Picture Association for a spell? Hollywood and D.C. are connected politically.

I once took a project to a showrunner who has a deal with Sony TV. Thought she would be an interesting person to help shepherd the project. She literally said she writes what the studio tells her. That's basically what her deal is, so bringing in an outside project was a non-starter.

TNOT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NOLA
Tyler Perry's production company still has that nexus. I'd say he's supported. Not to mention the cross dressing agenda he's assisting with when he plays Medea.

I can only speculate, but I'd say the ones that don't get support, were given instructions and decided against it, so they've been blacklisted.
:mjlol:

This fool brought up YouTube and readily available recording equipment to challenge someone saying producing and directing your own film isn't that straightforward.

I'm going to give you a piece of advice. The quality difference between a film using materials available at Costco and a film with a budget of $50 mil will be visible.

Lighting, sound, editing, actors, makeup, setting, stunt doubles, special effects etc. These things require skills and costs money.
you don’t need money to make entertaining movies.

it can be done if you got the right talent around you.

Patrick Kane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This bytch writing probably wasn’t good and that’s why she wasn’t getting hired for jobs. To get in the game in Hollywood, especially the writing game, you either have to be immensely dedicated AND talented or be plugggged the fukk in with connections already in the game. So much of Hollywood is about nepotism, it’s probably one of the most foul industries for the way they push it. So alot of crap gets made by shytty writers who’s father or mother or uncle or cousin is a producer/director/executive.

We been talking about Hollywood’s “agenda” for years on here so she ain’t saying shyt we ain’t already know but there’s alot of shyt in Hollywood that doesn’t get made and the stuff that does is backed by some kind of franchise that Hollywood can milk. Think DC/Marvel. All the remakes and spin-offs. But studios like NEON, A24 and Blumhouse have been purchasing and producing some really good films the past decade. If you a writer, peep their whole filmography and write something in the vain of their style of film and your shyt will get made. This bytch ain’t doing that and obviously don’t know how to play the game.

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
you don’t need money to make entertaining movies.

it can be done if you got the right talent around you.

The lengths people will go to in order to downplay the barriers that exist for certain ventures.

1) How do you employ people with the right talent. If someone has the talent to play a role in creating an entertaining film, their services will require money.

2) Not having money will place a significant limitation on the stories that can be told and their ability to compete with other films in the same genre. If for instance a brother wanted to tell a film sci-fi film set across multiple planets, that is not something he can produce to a good standard with equipment acquired from his local Walmart.

Sohh_lifted

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Prime-time propaganda

Hollywood, and folks in the govt go hand in hand. Reagan was a gave info to the feds back in the day: Reagan Told FBI of Suspected Hollywood Communists in '40s

Mnuchin was a Hollywood exec. I remember for years growing up, the image of a terrorist in film was of a russian/western European goon (ala Die Hard), over the years they started integrating Middle Eartern folks as the go to terrorist.