Screenwriter exposes Hollywood, told script was 'too intelligent' for Black audiences

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Is she being truthful or is it just babble? :mjpls:Ex screenwriter exposes her experience in Hollywood.
Cliffs:
  • it's a closed power system that controls all storytelling
  • they have agendas to push
  • writers are given documents by the biggest agents in the world (like the C.I.A), the lists tells them what to write about
  • the transgender topic is one of the biggest agendas right now
  • if you're looking to develop "urban" movies (code word for "Black movies") you are given themes to write about
  • they need to be dumbed down and about poverty
  • she wrote a script with two Black leads, her agent gave the script to J3w1$h producer R0b T3it3l cause he makes "urban" movies (also known for his race baiting agendas)
  • he said it was "too intelligent" for Black audiences
  • it's social engineering , they want to create a divide, she has been to those meetings
  • you have to be compromised in order to be successful, you don't get to the top unless you are
  • people at the top like Harvey Weinstein are the most scared
  • was told by her manager that she has to tell the bigwigs "I'm willing to do anything", it's a code word and they are waiting for her to say it

There is truth here. When Keenen Ivory created In Living Color he said before the first episode aired he had to talk with some bigs wigs. He said he had never seen these folks before and they didn't act like studio execs. They asked Keenen what was the show supposed to mean and how would it impact folks.

Keenen says well this show will be revolutionary and they look at Keenen and ask him what does ne mean when he says revolutionary? Keenen says you could hear a pen drop and then he had to like explain that he meant it would be revolutionary in terms of the energy and the jokes they did. Keenen said they only asked questions and never said anything to him and just took notes.

The way Keenen explained it.....it was like getting visited by the men in black or some crazy government shyt.

It might sound crazy, but the government has shut down stuff before (cough, cough spook by the door).

Ski Mask

Friendzone: Collection 1
Daps
Reppin
Vegas/seattle
On one hand nikkas are going to swallow thier pride and realize that we have to start from scratch and that our shyt may or may not have the quality hollywood has in the beginning.

On the other, nikkas downplaying an issue of an industry having a low opinion of our intelligence like its unheard of. Like the nfl didnt end that race based testing that implied we lower cognitive function or that little brother issue with bet or hell some of the voting ads we get should be proof enough.

Ski Mask

Friendzone: Collection 1
Daps
Reppin
Vegas/seattle
A lot of those books are independently published by the authors themselves and not from a big publishing house which are akin to a big movie studio but in the book world. A good percentage of black writers still only write hood shyt, love stories, and drug capers
Don't get me wrong I don't discount programming completely, but at the same time we got to be honest with ourselves and how we box ourselves in when it comes to entertainment. I watched a instagram reel about how we the same way when it comes to video games(cod, 2k, madden)

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
For the most part if you want to make money with black movies they have to be female focused. And let’s be honest, high concept sci fi and genres like that do not drive black women to the theater.

RageKage

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Macragge
Tyler Perry's production company still has that nexus. I'd say he's supported. Not to mention the cross dressing agenda he's assisting with when he plays Medea.
There are a LOT of male actors who play female characters (full getup) and don't get this criticism