SCOTUS Watch Thread

bright black

All Star
Daps
I watched some report on this, I don't remember where, but it said if AA didn't exist, about 40% of all students from top schools would be Asian based on grades, scores, etc., but with AA, it was capped lower.

will be interesting to see if banning affirmative action will lead to more white people in the schools and the number of asians stay about the same. that might even be the desired outcome of all this. i doubt asians will complain if that happen.:heh:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm curious as to how this affects admissions at lower ranked colleges.
im curious as to whether its really a bad thing at lower ranked colleges

havent we just spent the past few years realizing and talking about how much mid-level college sucks? is putting these kids into mountains of debt that doesnt pay off? that more kids should be saying 'fukk college' and getting into these high demand, increasingly high paying trade jobs?

those facts didnt change sometime this morning :dead:

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
im curious as to whether its really a bad thing at lower ranked colleges

havent we just spent the past few years realizing and talking about how much mid-level college sucks? is putting these kids into mountains of debt that doesnt pay off? that more kids should be saying 'fukk college' and getting into these high demand, increasingly high paying trade jobs?

those facts didnt change sometime this morning :dead:

The fact that college degrees don't equal instant middle class status is a big debate and discussion. It's one I'm glad to have, but it's not really related to this one imo.

I'm wondering how racist the 5th and 6th best colleges in the state are.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
will be interesting to see if banning affirmative action will lead to more white people in the schools and the number of asians stay about the same. that might even be the desired outcome of all this. i doubt asians will complain if that happen.:heh:
I think Asian enrollment will go up, if these schools really only use grades and test scores as reasons for admission in the future. I predict that some white people are going to complain about an Asian takeover once this happens. Then they'll wish AA was back. :russ:

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
admittedly don't understand AA very well, on a detailed level, like I know what it is, and remember the subject from high school class debates/exercises, but don't understand how it is applied, and how the ruling changing things. Anyone who is black, can no longer be admitted to college, or given more consideration because they are black? So, this allows colleges to be basically colorblind?

but how will this be enforced? By the Education Department? And won't this depend on the actions of the administration, like the Obama era 'Dear Colleague" letter?

Never went to college, much less Ivy League, so don't really grasp the admissions process, from an experience level. Is it a box you check? What about the in person interviews?

bright black

All Star
Daps
white people have been saying affirmative action discriminated against them so they will be trying to eat off the ban too. whites and asians will probably end up fighting to see who benefit more from affirmative action being gone. asians might not fight too hard. might not fight at all and be happy with they current numbers if it mean more white people in the school.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Hillary would've personally instructed the same to SCOTUS at gunpoint and the DOE and ultimately killed Brown v. Board so we got off easy by electing DJT.

Remember this in 2024

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I know sex wasn't in on the decision.

And sex isn't reported in admissions, but it is a correlation that they have benefitted in the workplace in taking on senior positions and they an uptick in women in college.

My only point is this shyt never worked to help the intended audience as much and our government never went far to remedy it.

erasing black women

looks like you found the red pill

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush