Scottie Pippen, Luc Longley, Horace Grant to go on "No Bull Tour" A response to the last dance.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Pip and the Blazers blowing that lead in the fourth of their game seven against the Lakers in the WCF is the most consequential legacy making/legacy breaking thing to happen to any NBA player in my lifetime.

Don’t remind me :sadcam:

See our modern fandom is so broken everybody retreats to sides. If you’re pro bron, you’re anti Kobe and Jordan. And now apparently if you’re pro Jordan, you’re anti pippen.

For real fans that’s not the case at all. Mike is my favorite all time , Pippen may be #2. And objectively I can say pip fumbled his own legacy

That Portland team was BUILT for his skill set and where he was. He didn’t need to score, deepest team ever he didn’t need to play a lot of minutes. They get to a position where he just needed to do exactly what he was brought there for just lead your youngins and you get your chip without Mike….and he couldn’t do it.

So while I love Pip, I don’t wanna hear shyt about Last dance doing him wrong. He still top 75 still great but his gripe with Mike/last dance is complete horseshyt

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i’m not arguing that they didn’t mutually benefit. i’m arguing that without pippen i don’t think jordan even gets one.

losing record in the playoffs and the regular szn without pippen

and obviously pippen wouldn’t have won shyt either

but he has been more successful without jordan than the other way around
We could argue the same for Magic without Worthy or Kareem, Bird without Mchale, LeBron without Kyrie, Or Wade Or Davis.

bigde09

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't have a issue with all sides speaking their truth

My issue is with the premise. I've even heard guys like Shannon sharp repeat nonsense. This idea that the last dance was a mesmerizing folk tale designed to only paint Jordan in the best of light while shytting on everybody else

Jordan literally bullied Scott burell for a quarter of the documentary. How is that painting him in the best light? It basically exposed how Jordan was a complete ass behind the scenes. It dealt with every controversy ever rumored about Jordan from Republicans buy shoes too to his voting record. This angle never made sense to me

Pippen is just mad that he got exposed for how he handled his own contract. He rode the sympathy card for decades living in the bulls treated him wrong. Then it comes out Jerry advised him not to sign the deal. That is what pippen upset at.
The doc displayed how much of a degenerate gambler he was. Wouldn’t he hide that if he wanted to look good? :mjlol:

LastSecondRuger

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
The End
Why do you think that is?
he checks more boxes as a player than Jordan, without actually being better (he’s not)

Pip’s rebounding, passing, playmaking, defense, off ball mechanics, and general swiss army like game can elevate a mediocre team into a great one

MJ can’t turn a mediocre team into a great one, but he can turn a great one into a GOAT status one because of how high his highs are

but he doesn’t elevate or empower the people around him like Pippen can

that’s why when jordan left they were still great just not what they were

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Why are we giving pippen props for a position.
that already was known ans used in the same light. Magic Johnson was thee wing forward before tragic magic and being made to be the leader at point in every possible way.

Kobe's dad. Jellybean Bryant already brought the ball up the floor. To facilitate from the forward position and initiate the offense. Hence why kobe played his natural at pg in high school. Plus kobe had sauce as a euro going coast to coast. Yes kobe emulated jordan. Yet being a facilitator from a forward position.
That was also jellybean Bryant.
So this idea pippen was rhe first is not true. The verbiage or term of wing forward to point forward. Was coined in mainstream pr circles for pippen. Yet to try to fully credit pip.
as the first point forward is not true at all.

Art Barr

Joe Bryant was a career journeyman and never averaged more than 3 assists per game what on earth are you talking about

If you want to be technical of course players here n there were before Pippen, but it wouldn’t be jelly bean it’d be guys like Paul pressey, Gus Johnson.

But being the literal first is not the same as being the influencer. Pippen was the modern version of those guys and added athleticism and defense. He was the fully optimized version that became the blueprint.

bigde09

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
he checks more boxes as a player than Jordan, without actually being better (he’s not)

Pip’s rebounding, passing, playmaking, defense, off ball mechanics, and general swiss army like game can elevate a mediocre team into a great one

MJ can’t turn a mediocre team into a great one, but he can turn a great one into a GOAT status one because of how high his highs are

but he doesn’t elevate or empower the people around him like Pippen can

that’s why when jordan left they were still great just not what they were
Pippen is the most overrated player in the history of the NBA and it’s not close. :mjlol: That 94 team he “elevated” was deep af and basically a combination of the 1st 3peat bulls and the 2nd 3peat bulls. They were ass in 95 before Mike came back and saved the season.

He had Barkley and Olajuwon and did nothing with them and was a role player on the blazers. Stop it.

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
yall jumping to conclusions...

How do yall know its negative? Maybe its just some good Bulls stories. Horace and Luc had no beef to my knowledge.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
  • Scottie Pippen and Horace Grant bought homes close to one another, they bought the same breed dogs and the same model Mercedes, Grant’s white and Pippen’s black. They shopped for clothes together and on game days would call one another a half-dozen times, even discussing what clothes each would wear to the game.

• They were married within weeks of each other and were each other's best man.

• They share the same agent, and they vacation together in the summer. They went out together at every road stop, and in the Bulls' yearbook, when Pippen was asked, "Who would you take with you if you were going to the moon?" he responded: "Horace Grant."

• The relationship between the two rookies became an infatuation of sorts. “Scottie is like my twin brother,” explained Grant, who already had a twin brother, Harvey, also an NBA player.

• “Scottie called in one day and skipped practice because his cat died,” recalled former trainer Mark Pfeil. “Horace called about fifteen minutes later and said he was with Scottie because of the grieving. Johnny Bach, our assistant coach, was absolutely furious. He got Horace on the phone and said, ‘You get here. You oughta throw the cat in the garbage can.’ Horace, when the team got together, wanted to have a moment of silence for Scottie’s cat.”

YALL SEE THE SOFT shyt MJ HAD TO PUT UP WITH?

:devil:
:evil:

LastSecondRuger

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
The End
Pippen is the most overrated player in the history of the NBA and it’s not close. :mjlol: That 94 team he “elevated” was deep af and basically a combination of the 1st 3peat bulls and the 2nd 3peat bulls. They were ass in 95 before Mike came back and saved the season.

He had Barkley and Olajuwon and did nothing with them and was a role player on the blazers. Stop it.
All he did was not win a chip. most players don’t. jordan saved the season but they ain’t win in 95 either lol

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
you can’t. Lebron had a successful playoff career before kyrie / wade / davis

Finals appearance / multiple deep playoff runs

42-29 in the playoffs before MIA
I was speaking to championships, not participation trophies. That is the measure of playoffs success. So your cherry picking that to prove anything is BS.
Stockin and Malone have great playoff stats, bet they would trade it in a heartbeat for one championship.

LastSecondRuger

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
The End
I was speaking to championships, not participation trophies. That is the measure of playoffs success. So your cherry picking that to prove anything is BS.
Stockin and Malone have great playoff stats, bet they would trade it in a heartbeat for one championship.
i didn’t realize your name was jj23 you ain’t got an objective bone in your body. conversation over lol