ScHoolboy Q - CrasH Talk (Discussion Thread)

TheGregReaper

#HeatNation #SouthernCalUSC #LiverpoolFC
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WATTS & Inglewood Southern Kalifornia
I just seen the first week sales projections:mjlol:

nikka shyt on his entire core fanbase for less than 10k?

My dumb ass spent the $10 on the preorder when I could've easily streamed it instead just off respect.

Lesson learned....he aint getting me again:francis:

BeachBum Unreal

SD Born & Raised: 760, 619
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I just seen the first week sales projections:mjlol:

nikka shyt on his entire core fanbase for less than 10k?

My dumb ass spent the $10 on the preorder when I could've easily streamed it instead just off respect.

Lesson learned....he aint getting me again:francis:
Yeah I feel you, but with the way streaming works this album as a whole is weirdly holding up better than Blankface. Blankface only had one song that charted (That Part) which was peaking before its release. For this album he could potentially already have 4; Floating (performing really well on streaming), Numb Numb Juice, CHopstix, & Water (getting meme’d and streamed b/c of the viral video). If the label was smart they’d scrap CHopstix as a single and push Floating while it still has momentum.

Album is his weakest to me but I don’t think it’ll be anywhere near a flop.

dubsmith_nz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Aotearoa
unless Q does a co-headline or multi-act tour, he's not moving up into bigger venues as a solo act/headliner. this coming from someone who's seen him almost every 18 months since 2012 :yeshrug:

edit: shyt, i just remembered where he played during the oxy run out here, 1500 capacity :francis:

I saw Q at a venue with like 700 people when he was between Oxy and Blankface.

After Blankface I saw him headline a gig with a few thousand.

Maybe hes looking for that festival money :yeshrug:

I agree though hes never going to be a big solo artist with touring.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Yeah I feel you, but with the way streaming works this album as a whole is weirdly holding up better than Blankface. Blankface only had one song that charted (That Part) which was peaking before its release. For this album he could potentially already have 4; Floating (performing really well on streaming), Numb Numb Juice, CHopstix, & Water (getting meme’d and streamed b/c of the viral video). If the label was smart they’d scrap CHopstix as a single and push Floating while it still has momentum.

Album is his weakest to me but I don’t think it’ll be anywhere near a flop.
Lies slaps as a single as well

:ahh:

Daps
bourgeoisie tall freak shilling hard. :deadmanny:

not sure what you mean by that but bottom line is...did i say something that isnt true? :wow:

most of my points were general music business points some people just refuse to acknowledge either cuz they don't know better or they are being butt hurt and subjective.
the rest is just my opinion about the album :yeshrug: