ScHoolboy Q - CrasH Talk (Discussion Thread)

Daps
l it's funny how people let the success of kendrick and sza (both of whom had the street buzzing before their debuts)

the success that a lot of online a&r's didn't have the wherewithal to see when certain albums dropped :francis:... but TDE knows what they do :wow:

the funniest part about that statement is before sza exceeded expectations, the statement was "its only kendirck and Q that are successful on tde"....now people are replacing Q with sza, and supposedly Q fell off lmao. fickle fans

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
the success that a lot of online a&r's didn't have the wherewithal to see when certain albums dropped :francis:... but TDE knows what they do :wow:
:what:

except kendrick was one of the most anticipated acts since dropping overly dedicated and sza had people buzzing with her Z mixtape and various writing credits...but yea, no one foresaw success for them :mjlol:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
i agree with the general premise but not here cuz Q has given us quality "reel rap" his whole career. If you holding this against him cuz its not your style of music then you probably a fraud fan anyway.

All that damn hating, I'm better at love making
Tryna stay positive out of negative energy
nikka don't play with me
You must think my loyalty slavery, uh :wow:
I’m not holding anything against him. I’ve been a fan since H&C. Anything he drops I’ll always check for and I like 1/3rd of this new album a lot, and I’ll appreciate his catalogue forever even if he never drops another song.

I’ll auote common “if I don’t like it I don’t like it. That don’t mean that I’m hating.”

I don’t understand why me saying Q’s joints like Appreciation, Tales, and CrasH are more I like makes me a fraud fan. I’d rather hear Q’s best shyt than basically anyone else’s best.

Look...The artists I like should make whatever music they want to make, and I’m an open minded dude considering I’m an older head in my 30s now. At a certain point in life you like the shyt you like. Like I said, Q’s done enough to have my support regardless. So I’m not a fraud fan or a hater for having preferences.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
This is the worst TDE release since Tree Of Life. Everything about it sounds half assed. You know there's a problem when the waviest track is just a slowed down DJ Premier beat. Q sounds out of his element on these trap beats, and every feature out shines him. Lil Baby floats on Water, shyt is cool. I hate Cudi and he's cool on here. Honestly Travis is the only bad feature.

It's time to reevaluate what "working hard" means in context of making an album. Recording 100 songs is NOT impressive if this is the end result. All that does is waste beats and ideas. If you aren't coming up with ideas and hooks, which you save and use on the right track...what are you doing besides wasting time.
:francis:

His career is over. In his interviews it's clear the Blankface sales were disappointing to him. You can't take 3 year breaks brehs. Unless you're Cole or Kendrick or Drake. TDE needs to reevaluate how they operate because it's looking like Q and Ab Soul are finished commercially. I'm sure Q's tour will sell out and do well...but that's all he is now. He has enough hits to tour or do festivals for years.
:dahell:

How you going to say his career is over then say he'll sell out his shows and be straight performing live for years?

:deadmanny:

TDE is a year removed from Black Panther Soundtrack and Jay Rock's album (he won a Grammy right?) They straight, and this album has a few cuts that will get burn this summer

Daps
I’m not holding anything against him. I’ve been a fan since H&C. Anything he drops I’ll always check for and I like 1/3rd of this new album a lot, and I’ll appreciate his catalogue forever even if he never drops another song.
I’ll auote common “if I don’t like it I don’t like it. That don’t mean that I’m hating.”
I don’t understand why me saying Q’s joints like Appreciation, Tales, and CrasH are more I like makes me a fraud fan. I’d rather hear Q’s best shyt than basically anyone else’s best.
Look...The artists I like should make whatever music they want to make, and I’m an open minded dude considering I’m an older head in my 30s now. At a certain point in life you like the shyt you like. Like I said, Q’s done enough to have my support regardless. So I’m not a fraud fan or a hater for having preferences.

lmao, what is wrong with some of yall taking post personally, i dont know you and i dont really remember any of your posts in the thread. shyt i havent even read but the last page of the thread since the album dropped. Furthermore, my point wasn't even directed at you. I was just stating a general fact in response to your general "artist are better off making classic albums" statement. There's weirdos that will jump off the bandwagon for an artists that has been giving them life for years, just because they switch the style up for a minute. meanwhile they dont buy merch or show tickets and probably beg for a leaked file online. if it dont apply let it fly but you cant act like this isnt a factual statement!

Last edited:

bordeaux

xxx
Daps
Reppin
God's Plan
ok, he says the last album didnt perform so he switched it up a bit. but theres nothing here strong enough to get more mainstreams attention.
i do agree w/ many of the criticisms here but its not a bad album. no where near as strong as his last but i enjoyed it. the only track i wasnt feelin at all the ty dolla sign featured one.

Daps
ok, he says the last album didn't perform so he switched it up a bit. but theres nothing here strong enough to get more mainstreams attention.
i do agree w/ many of the criticisms here but its not a bad album. no where near as strong as his last but i enjoyed it. the only track i wasnt feelin at all the ty dolla sign featured one.

i wouldnt be suprised if Lies becomes a single. Its funny, me and a friend were talking about ty months ago like "damn he is everywhere but he's really not all that good" :hubie:, and we said he's was everywhere except a tde album and we were all proud and shyt :obama:. now here he is :russ::dead:
the song is fun to me :ehh: i always like yg though, something about the way he rhymes

Last edited:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
:dahell:

How you going to say his career is over then say he'll sell out his shows and be straight performing live for years?

:deadmanny:

TDE is a year removed from Black Panther Soundtrack and Jay Rock's album (he won a Grammy right?) They straight, and this album has a few cuts that will get burn this summer
:yeshrug:

u know what I mean. Commercially it's a wrap. No more hits, not more plat or gold albums, etc. Yea he has the ability to tour off hits and that's a good thing. But everything else is over. I suppose he could fix this by coming back in a year or two...instead of 3 years...but that's not gonna happen. TDE just gonna keep letting this happen to artists btw.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:yeshrug:

u know what I mean. Commercially it's a wrap. No more hits, not more plat or gold albums, etc. Yea he has the ability to tour off hits and that's a good thing. But everything else is over. I suppose he could fix this by coming back in a year or two...instead of 3 years...but that's not gonna happen. TDE just gonna keep letting this happen to artists btw.
:ld:
Some songs off here could catch on breh.

Stay tuned
:manny: