ScHoolboy Q - CrasH Talk (Discussion Thread)

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
He better tighten it up before he becomes the rap game's
giphy.gif
:loldenzel2:

:patricelol:

But you know what? I don’t even think that’s what it is. I don’t think he wants to be younger than what he is, I think he’s an introvert and he doesn’t want to be, or he doesn’t want us to think he is.

The weirdo he hates is himself.

He said it - all he did for years was stay home and work in the studio then repeat. Then what does he do to get out of the house? Party? Strip clubs? Hoop? Nah.

Play golf. A game played with very few people in large open spaces with not much talking, and a lot of concentration and score keeping.

Maybe it’s where he grew up or how he grew up, or maybe he doesn’t want to be alone with his thoughts because those thoughts led him to lean and shyt, but it’s OK to be introverted. What we’re seeing is what it looks/sounds like when an introspective person tries to play dumb when the whole world knows they’re deeper.

But what do I know. This is just armchair psychology.

Turn up, Q!

:eddielol:

N*E*R*D

In Search Of...
Daps
This shyt rides...well and is cool for the gym too.

I don't really look to Q for masterpieces...that's more of Kendrick's lane.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
This shyt rides...well and is cool for the gym too.

I don't really look to Q for masterpieces...that's more of Kendrick's lane.

Oddly enough this passes the gym test.

The hooks for the most part fukked up this album.

This shyt sounds like a 2 Chainz album which doesn’t fit Q as much
was coming in here to post this, water, gang gang, crash, and numb numb all made the gym playlist

whip clean dope boy :wow:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
5 tracks in and I'm
:huhldup:

I don't really have an issue with the beats, they're fine. You know what's a glaring problem here? The hooks man. This shyt isn't hitting. You could give these tracks to a lot of dudes and they'd make it a hit.

Tales is cool but nothing amazing.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Hmm. I I guess. I don’t think he’s as popular as he was around oxymoron in genenral, even during the blankface era. He’s a dude who needed more output to remain relevant (from a radio/sales perspective) not the TDE every 3 year model. And outside of studio, he never produced big singles...just seems so weird to be chasing a level of commercial success that doesn’t seem to be meant for him. But I wish him nothing but the best...:manny: I just think his window of being a big artist has passed him by.
I agree. He’s always surprisingly been a bigger artist than I thought a guy like him would be. I’m happy for the dude don’t get me wrong. I think of him more as an indie gangster/introspective combo rapper that happens to be good at making catchy joints and occasional hits as well.

I think he’d be smart to just embrace a smaller scale at this point. The darker BlaNk Face style is truly his best lane.

His line here sums up what I love about him in that lane. “I give ya’ll details but y’all looking for punch lines...”

Last edited:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
:patricelol:

But you know what? I don’t even think that’s what it is. I don’t think he wants to be younger than what he is, I think he’s an introvert and he doesn’t want to be, or he doesn’t want us to think he is.

The weirdo he hates is himself.

He said it - all he did for years was stay home and work in the studio then repeat. Then what does he do to get out of the house? Party? Strip clubs? Hoop? Nah.

Play golf. A game played with very few people in large open spaces with not much talking, and a lot of concentration and score keeping.

Maybe it’s where he grew up or how he grew up, or maybe he doesn’t want to be alone with his thoughts because those thoughts led him to lean and shyt, but it’s OK to be introverted. What we’re seeing is what it looks/sounds like when an introspective person tries to play dumb when the whole world knows they’re deeper.

But what do I know. This is just armchair psychology.

Turn up, Q!

:eddielol:
Dope post