ScHoolboy Q - CrasH Talk (Discussion Thread)

H. Selassie

Black Royalty
Daps
Wtf...I’m not sure how his wider fanbase felt, but from here, pretty much everyone deemed it a classic or close to it and played it all the time

He mentioned in his Breakfast Club interview that it confused him how he was seeing all these high ratings and critical acclaim for Blankface but it didn’t reflect in the sales or at the shows.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
He mentioned in his Breakfast Club interview that it confused him how he was seeing all these high ratings and critical acclaim for Blankface but it didn’t reflect in the sales or at the shows.
Hmm. I I guess. I don’t think he’s as popular as he was around oxymoron in genenral, even during the blankface era. He’s a dude who needed more output to remain relevant (from a radio/sales perspective) not the TDE every 3 year model. And outside of studio, he never produced big singles...just seems so weird to be chasing a level of commercial success that doesn’t seem to be meant for him. But I wish him nothing but the best...:manny: I just think his window of being a big artist has passed him by.

H. Selassie

Black Royalty
Daps
He’s a dude who needed more output to remain relevant (from a radio/sales perspective) not the TDE every 3 year model.

Right. He’s not a Drake/Cole/KDot where he can lack a constant music/media presence and still garner explosive sales.

Popularity-wise, i’d say Q’s ceiling is anywhere between Pusha T and Meek Mill..based on the type of music he does.

Last edited:

A Pimp Named Slickback

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Woodcrest

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I guess we're never getting another Blank Face Q wants to chase hits
:mjgrin:
To be fair, he's always been open and hinted at wanting radio hits, I remember when Oxymoron was dropping and he was on BFC telling them he had some bangers on there that he wanted them to fukk with heavy. Studio for example...

mbz

Pro
Daps
Just like every Q album. A handful of dope songs (1/3 tops), rest is trash.

Add the good stuff to a Q playlist and move on...

x2y

SOHH Stupid
Supporter
Daps
It’s got some bangers that I like but overall so far its his weakest release. Got to give a few more spins. Dare I say it’s too contemporary not enough Q.

A Pimp Named Slickback

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Woodcrest
WHIP CLEAN DOPE BOY AHHH
WHIP CLEAN DOPE BOY AHHH
WHIP CLEAN DOPE BOY AHHH
WHIP CLEAN DOPE BOY AHHH
15565151331771711.gif

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Hmm. I I guess. I don’t think he’s as popular as he was around oxymoron in genenral, even during the blankface era. He’s a dude who needed more output to remain relevant (from a radio/sales perspective) not the TDE every 3 year model. And outside of studio, he never produced big singles...just seems so weird to be chasing a level of commercial success that doesn’t seem to be meant for him. But I wish him nothing but the best...:manny: I just think his window of being a big artist has passed him by.
He should've listened to what Pac told Face :francis:

"You not gon get no single! Just write that shyt! :pacspit:"