ScHoolboy Q - CrasH Talk (Discussion Thread)

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland

Cheese McNair

Bought it this morning, drive it like I stole it
Daps
he pretty much explains why fam

That explanation makes sense. When you’re a big rap star, you’re performing in front of more than just hip hop heads. I loved Blank Face but I can see how only songs like That Part, Dope Dealer, Big Body, maybe John Muir(my favorite), and Ride Out are cool to perform to his audience(which is a huge one) but other songs aren’t.

Damn is probably the best TDE album to tour on if you’re a big rap star.

g-ice

aka #DiamondNightmare
Daps
Reppin
Bronx (Marble Hill), NY
Ya'll are going way overboard with the hate.

The album is no Blankface or Habits but it's a solid release.

Yeah hella overboard but I get it. He hasn't really dropped a average album until this one so heads are going to automatically turn on this regardless.

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
Yeah hella overboard but I get it. He hasn't really dropped a average album until this one so heads are going to automatically turn on this regardless.

3 yrs later same nikkas gone say

the next album not better than this one

Every artist go thru the notions with wanna be critics

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
From the interviews and some of Q's comments it sounds like he's in a conflicted space with his content.

He wants to make "turn up" and fun records, and get away from making dark and depressing music (which is his strong suit). So he's kind of caught in between with his direction. Reminds me of Vince Staples over the years and his releases prior to FM!, where he knows the places he'll be performing will appreciate "fun" type shyt more than hard introspective content. Vince was able to mesh both with FM! but Crash kind of falls short, it has some songs that will translate for various audiences tho.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
It stinks man. The beats are mostly stuff Future and Ferg passed on. Lyrically it’s dope, but the overall sound is just flat and boring.
I finally saw the production credits and a lot of dope names that he usually works with are on there. I was expecting to see some names missing but it surprised me to see so many regulars for him listed on this album.