ScHoolboy Q - CrasH Talk (Discussion Thread)

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
need to live with it more but this is another good album from Q.

Lil Baby sounds so good on here man. he has the ability to come through on and steal the show on features.
this and Gotti are his latest ones.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I listened to this on a road trip and it’s better than it was off the first lesson for sure, but I’m still not feeling basically every joint with a feature on it. I had low expectations for this based on the first two singles but I’m still surprised at how underwhelming this is. I really want to like it more. also bombed there’s no alchemist joint on here despite them recording stuff for it.

Maybe some of it is just how good the last album was in the fact that it’s been about three years since then… I was just expecting something to be a little bit stronger considering the time in between.

I like Tales, Attention, Black Folk, CrasH, Dangerous, and Die With Em. The rest I can do without. Gang Gang is cool I guess. It’s frustrating because the best songs feel unfinished or too short.

Last edited:

Redwing80

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Not as good as Blankface. Got some vintage Q on here but it sounds like a mixtape

Dangerous is fukking fire though. Holy shyt

Redwing80

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
That's 2 lackluster projects from Q in a row now... Starting to think Oxymoron will never be topped. That album was flashy and wavy, even the more mainstream tracks were still gangsta as fukk. That's where he excels.

This album is like you take the most mundane song off Blankface and multiply it to make an album.

5200 only good track I'll be keeping.
Blankface was much better than Oxymoron

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I am a HUGE Q fan.

This is VERY disappointing so far. This is an unbelievable drop off in quality to me. This sounds like a quick come up project so he can have some more touring material, but no real effort was really put into this, thus far. I'm about halfway in, so I'll keep listening, but I'm not that big a fan.

Trot LaRoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi/LA
This isnt all out trash but its a major stepdown from Oxymoron and Blank Face

Too many mainstreamy type beats, he does best with a mix of westcoast, lil trap n some dark boombap

Iono this really does fell kinda thrown together and not cohesive

Im just :mindblown: that he took almost 3 years only to drop something so :ld:

His pen game n delivery is pretty lakkluster as well

Also we still rappin about mostly killin nikkas huh?:sas1:

96Blue

Superstar
Daps
This isnt all out trash but its a major stepdown from Oxymoron and Blank Face

Too many mainstreamy type beats, he does best with a mix of westcoast, lil trap n some dark boombap

Iono this really does fell kinda thrown together and not cohesive

Im just :mindblown: that he took almost 3 years only to drop something so :ld:

His pen game n delivery is pretty lakkluster as well

Also we still rappin about mostly killin nikkas huh?:sas1:
That's what I like about his style.

That dark, boom bap, west coast, gangster, trippy type shyt fits him very well, in my opinion.

ScHoolboy Q - Tales

ScHoolboy Q - Hoover Street

ScHoolboy Q - Break The Bank

I think he should just stick with that or at least make it majority of his projects.

:yeshrug:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Did finally listen to numb numb in the car and :wow:

But even with the whip test, album is mid as fukk. Huge let down, especially because I feel like that cohort of west coast rapper is fallling off...well jay rock still solid, but nip is dead :rip:, dom can’t rap anymore, YG was a one album wonder with my krazy life, don’t know where my dude veggies been, soulo MIA. Wtf :sadcam:

Last edited: