Scarlett Johansson to star in "GHOST IN THE SHELL"

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Doubt that it hurts her. She has that all women hangover movie coming next month. Also, she said on Stern this week that she's so booked for years doing movies that she can't even audition for roles anymore

I agree. The only reason why I think it would have been good for this to make money is that Marvel was probably watching this closely in deciding whether a Black Widow solo movie is worth investing in. I still think it is but Marvel seems very iffy to do anything with it.

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My man has been stretching out Outrage to a full fledged trilogy just because it has been his first movie since Zatoichi to make money. :russ:

Honestly, dude looked hella bored in this (notice how they completely brushed over the obvious language barrier like it was nothing) and somehow still had the coolest scene when they attacked him.

Yea that was one of the best scene of the movie. Kitano is always great and has a few scene stealing parts in all his movies. Makes me wanna go watch "Brother" again.

Gains

Superstar
Daps
I was never attached to the original anime and it never emotionally stirred me. I thought scarjos performance added some emotional depth. like I said I understand the film isn't perfect and I understand why people who are huge fans of the source material could feel that way.

:gucci:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Just got back.

*note I have not seen the anime or read any Manga or whatever the fukk*

I really enjoyed it.

I'm going to go ahead and check out the anime because it hooked me.

Saw it on imax and I highly recommend that. The visuals were fukking stunning. Great action scenes.

Interesting concept and overall felt like something different from a summer movie. I hope it leads to more live action anime.

Oh and Michael pitt is criminally under used. He was in it very briefly and yet I was captivated by him as always. I really hope he sorts out his personal shyt because he's such a compelling actor. He just has that presence that resonates.

I'm only speaking from a perspective of someone not familiar with the source material. So if you're like me you'll probably enjoy it.

8/10

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Visually this was good (you gotta see in IMAX 3D). But it could've been so much better and a much longer movie with more character development and more of the original story/plot.

I don't care what anyone says Scarlett performance wasn't great, even though she had the robot body movements down pack but something was missing....

Atleast she looked good.

And can someone explain the purpose of the bald headed black chick scene with her in the movie? It wasn't needed

I feel like there was more to it but since they gave it a pg13 rating they throw the footage in the bushes :camby:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
'Boss Baby' Dethrones 'Beauty and the Beast' as 'Ghost in the Shell' Underperforms - Box Office Mojo

In third is Paramount's Ghost in the Shell, which brought in an estimated $19 million from 3,440 theaters. This is below industry expectations and well below Mojo's weekend forecast. Opening day audiences gave the film a "B" CinemaScore and of that audience 61% were male versus 39% female. While speculation as to why Ghost in the Shell under performed is sure to be a topic du jour, the opening weekend demographics provide a quick and easy indicator when compared to Scarlett Johansson's previous solo actioner Lucy, which debuted with $43.8 million and featured an opening weekend audience that was 50% female.
Women didn't show up to watch this like they did with Lucy :ehh:

Had a 110 milly budget but it hasn't opened in Japan or China yet, so it may still recoup

Internationally, Ghost in the Shell delivered an estimated $40.1 million from 50 international markets led by Russia where if finished #2 with an estimated $5.3 million. Additional performances include a third place opening in South Korea with $4.2 million; $3.1 million in France; $2.8 million in the UK; $2 million in Germany; $2.1 million in Mexico; $1.9 million in Brazil; $1.8 million in Australia; $1.3 million in Spain and $1.2 million in Hong Kong. Looking ahead, the film will soon open in Japan along with an April 7 bow in China.