Scarlett Johansson to star in "GHOST IN THE SHELL"

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
6.5/10

Same as Kong for me. Not a waste of money but not really worth watching again unless it's free, maybe.

I liked the futuristic world setting though, visually it was pleasing.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
scarjo was fukking fantastic in this, forreal. her homeboy batou was dope too. every actor fit in well. visuals were fukking nuts. soundtrack was pretty good. Aside from the obvious visual similarities with Blade Runner, after the film was over I felt slightly reminded of what I felt after first watching blade runner. I enjoyed it but I didn't know if I loved it or how much I enjoyed it. I was left with a weird feeling after my first viewing of Blade Runner and it was similar here. Now, please don't think I'm equating the two films. They just left me with similar feelings after first viewing of being unsure of how much I enjoyed the film. I didn't really like blade runner on first viewing and then grew to love it. Now, I seriously fukking doubt I'd ever enjoy this film even close to the level of Blade Runner but I think over a period of time I might enjoy this film more than when I first left the theater. Script/dialogue could've been tighter/better and the ending is as abrupt as it is in the anime (i've always had problems with the anime). Although this film is by no means original, I mean, it's based on an anime, but I really appreciate the effort it took to make this, it was visually very creative. Solid flick for people who are into scifi/anime imo. :manny: I can completely fukking understand why this film is very divisive.

Last edited:

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
This movie was beautiful to look at, but not much substance to it beyond the visuals.

It's basically a hot woman, after you've smashed you're kinda :ld: about her.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
scarjo was fukking fantastic in this, forreal. her homeboy batou was dope too. every actor fit in well. visuals were fukking nuts. soundtrack was pretty good. Aside from the obvious visual similarities with Blade Runner, after the film was over I felt slightly reminded of what I felt after first watching blade runner. I enjoyed it but I didn't know if I loved it or how much I enjoyed it. I was left with a weird feeling after my first viewing of Blade Runner and it was similar here. Now, please don't think I'm equating the two films. They just left me with similar feelings after first viewing of being unsure of how much I enjoyed the film. I didn't really like blade runner on first viewing and then grew to love it. Now, I seriously fukking doubt I'd ever enjoy this film even close to the level of Blade Runner but I think over a period of time I might enjoy this film more than when I first left the theater. Script/dialogue could've been tighter/better and the ending is as abrupt as it is in the anime (i've always had problems with the anime). Although this film is by no means original, I mean, it's based on an anime, but I really appreciate the effort it took to make this, it was visually very creative. Solid flick for people who are into scifi/anime imo. :manny: I can completely fukking understand why this film is very divisive.

I don't even... What the fukk are you saying? You have problems with the anime? The ANIME? This movie takes two pivotal scenes from it (the garbage truckers chase and the spider-tank fight) and manages to remove everything from those scenes that made them legendary. It's a cold rehash void of any emotion or depth.

There is nothing divisive about this movie being pretty to look at but absolutely horrific at every other level. That's a cold, hard fact.

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
With Get Out and now this movie, the transracial agenda is going full speed ahead. :francis:

:ohhh: Don't spoil it. But Ghost in shell has nothing to do with the "get out" theme:manny:. I think that aspect of the story was to counter them casting scarlet instead of a Japanese actress.