Scarlett Johansson to star in "GHOST IN THE SHELL"

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
After seeing the narrative in the trailer, its pretty much gonna be a shyt show. Motoko isn't worried about self discovery, she's okay being a droid. She's even written as having slapstick humor about it. To be fair, the manga keeps her a very fun personality, unlike the Anime's which just made her a hard boiled noir detective. She's far more "alive" in the pages of the manga, and this is why Hollywood will always fail at these kinds of endeavors. They skip the core essence of the character and try to make a character piece no one asked for. Or they make up some contrived plot just to add in some silly tropes.

Motoko's goals were never about self discovery, this isn't Kingdom Hearts, but cac directors will always fukk up something.

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
Damn they white washed the fukk outta this shyt, :damn:

Don't read if you don't want to be spoiled

The Major is originally Japanese......let me explain. It appears that the character is in a nearly fatal accident. This accident causes her body to be rendered useless, but her brain is the only thing that can be salvaged. So this Japanese woman whose brain is recovered is transferred into a body, or Shell, that just happens to be Scarlett Johannson’s new body. Now her name is “Mira.”

:francis::hhh::picard:

Tomorrow i'll have the whole review

The music and visuals are the bright spots
:dead:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Seeing it tonight. Rewatched the OG movie this Sunday, it's still insane to me how good that shyt is. :wow:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
So this shyt is just generic trash. Like @Brandeezy said the only good things are the music and the visuals. And it's not even a good looking movie since most of the editing and cinematography is shyt, it just has very strong production design. The story is an uninspired mess that's party original using some existing characters and partly recreates scenes from the OG 1995 film, except completely butchered and pointless. None of the ethical or philosophical elements are present, safe for some very meaningless remarks that are constantly brushed over. To give an example of how dumfuk this movie is, this is a movie that constantly has people talk about their "ghost" instead of their "soul", presumably for no other reason than that they think people wouldn't understand why it's called Ghost In The Shell (the same reason why the superheroes in Snyder's Watchmen are literally called the Watchmen). So that's about how intelligent they think movie audiences are, and that's exactly the level of intelligence you can expect from this movie.

There's also the small matter that outside of Michael Pitt, no one is seemingly trying (including a particularly bored looking Takeshi Kitano) with ScarJo giving one of her laziest performances ever. More hilariously, the plot really boils down to this...

"Evil corporate white man steals the lives of Asians and puts them in white people bodies"

... which might be the most unintentionally ironic plot of a white washed Hollywood movie ever.

Last edited:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Going to see this with my dad tomorrow, pleasantly optimistic. I think it's gonna be a good flick but nothing incredible. Visually it should be interesting though.