Scarlett Johansson to star in "GHOST IN THE SHELL"

brehcoli

Rookie
Daps
Music was nice in Lucy but soon as Scarlett went into the blank stare, I was done with it. Walked outta my own living room.

With Ghost, unless she is willing to show skin like Lena Headey does, I see it goin nowhere. PG13?:camby::camby:

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
im SAYIN :why:

After watching Cloud Atlas have that amazing and diverse cast of actors it's become hard for me to take ANY sci-fi or fantasy with 99% white cast seriously

that was the movie that revived sci-fi imo

I get what you are saying because of the overall cast...but

a movie that caked a white guy up in horrible make up to make him asian instead of having an asian actor...

a movie that caked a bunch of make up on an asian woman to make her hispanic instead of having a hispanic actress...

Kind of defeats the point of having a diverse cast where you take some of them and cake them up with make up to make them look like another race of people...

As far as Scarjo doing Ghost in a shell...yeah won't be there cause I think Ghost in a shell is the GOAT anime and nothing hollywood does will come close to the original...

I also find Scarjo to wooden and stonefaced for sci fi...I thought Lucy was...bad...under the skin was...interesting...but in both movies she was just stonefaced with one expression...

I guess it must be illegal to have Asian actors and actresses play Asian characters in movies based off cartoons and anime of Asian culture...because they white wash those things hard...for some unfortunate reasons I've had to watch the last airbender multiple times and I STILL can't find someone who looks 100% asian in the movie...

Can't wait for them to announce Robert Duvall as the puppet master Channing Tatum as Batou...

I would be willing to legit put all my coli cash on Tatum playing Batou

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
It's not a weird obsession. They fought side by side with Germany. Look up the history.

That alliance is why they have no issues with their characters looking white because the ones they look up to, which are the Germans, are white.

But hey you keep on thinking whatever lie Germany worshipping Asians or racist white people tell you lol.

If by "side by side" you mean Japan was waging a war on one side of the globe and Germany a war on the other side at the same time that they agreed would benefit both parties, you're right. But the campaigns they fought had little to no relation whatsoever. In fact, most of the Japanese's anime obsession with Germany comes from the late 19th century, the period when Germany established strong relationships with the nation and helped modernize the country. It's extremely noticeable in dress fashion, since 19th century European fashion is pretty much ingrained in Japanese pop culture from maid cafes to manga/anime. Nearly all of the cultural exchanges came before WWI, in which Japan actually fought against Germany. Only when in the 1930's the two nations realized they could benefit from an alliance to further their plans of world domination, did they allege themselves to each other again, and even then only military.

All of which has nothing to do btw that the 'typical' facial features of anime characters were inspired by Astro Boy, which took its inspiration directly from Donald Duck. And while I think anyone can see that there are anime/manga that definitely have signs of being westernized, it's also grossly over-exaggerated by people who have little understanding of Japanese culture.

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
If by "side by side" you mean Japan was waging a war on one side of the globe and Germany a war on the other side at the same time that they agreed would benefit both parties, you're right. But the campaigns they fought had little to no relation whatsoever. In fact, most of the Japanese's anime obsession with Germany comes from the late 19th century, the period when Germany established strong relationships with the nation and helped modernize the country. It's extremely noticeable in dress fashion, since 19th century European fashion is pretty much ingrained in Japanese pop culture from maid cafes to manga/anime. Nearly all of the cultural exchanges came before WWI, in which Japan actually fought against Germany. Only when in the 1930's the two nations realized they could benefit from an alliance to further their plans of world domination, did they allege themselves to each other again, and even then only military.

All of which has nothing to do btw that the 'typical' facial features of anime characters were inspired by Astro Boy, which took its inspiration directly from Donald Duck. And while I think anyone can see that there are anime/manga that definitely have signs of being westernized, it's also grossly over-exaggerated by people who have little understanding of Japanese culture.
So we are gonna pretend how many names of characters and even the names of shows themselves are German related?

So we are gonna pretend that this never happened:

"Honorary Aryan" the term was ascribed to the entire Japanese people. Adolf Hitler had bestowed the title upon the Japanese following the Anti-Comintern Pact onCommunism (signed in 1936), and it seemed that they were granted the status not simply for economic, military, or political reasons, but more so because of their racial integrity.

:stopitslime:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
So we are gonna pretend how many names of characters and even the names of shows themselves are German related?

So we are gonna pretend that this never happened:

"Honorary Aryan" the term was ascribed to the entire Japanese people. Adolf Hitler had bestowed the title upon the Japanese following the Anti-Comintern Pact onCommunism (signed in 1936), and it seemed that they were granted the status not simply for economic, military, or political reasons, but more so because of their racial integrity.

:stopitslime:

Ascribed to the Japanese people, by the Nazis. The Japanese didn't start calling themselves Aryan. It says more about how Germany saw Japan than the other way around, especially because up until the end of WWII the Japanese Emperor was still believed to be and worshipped as a direct descendant from the heavens and the highest authority on earth by the Japanese people. And the Anti-Comintern pact is what I talked about when I said they allied in WWII because it benefited them both, Hitler fearing the influence of communism in the Soviet Union on Europe and Japan fearing the influence of communism in China on Asia.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
I get what you are saying because of the overall cast...but

a movie that caked a white guy up in horrible make up to make him asian instead of having an asian actor...

I guess it must be illegal to have Asian actors and actresses play Asian characters in movies based off cartoons and anime of Asian culture...because they white wash those things hard...for some unfortunate reasons I've had to watch the last airbender multiple times and I STILL can't find someone who looks 100% asian in the movie...
cloud atlas was enjoyable for me but that would have been the biggest slap in the face to me

really yall gonna do all this instead of just getting an actual asian guy lol

article-2223473-15B25392000005DC-827_634x318.jpg

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
Ascribed to the Japanese people, by the Nazis. The Japanese didn't start calling themselves Aryan. It says more about how Germany saw Japan than the other way around, especially because up until the end of WWII the Japanese Emperor was still believed to be and worshipped as a direct descendant from the heavens and the highest authority on earth by the Japanese people. And the Anti-Comintern pact is what I talked about when I said they allied in WWII because it benefited them both, Hitler fearing the influence of communism in the Soviet Union on Europe and Japan fearing the influence of communism in China on Asia.
Make all the excuses you want.

He still gave them praise and they gave him praise with various Anime characters mimicking Nazi soldiers, Anime characters with German names and various weapons and such with german names as well.

Its obvious and how you cant see it is beyond me.

Stay delusional if you want lol. .