Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
:yeshrug:

more dynamic combat <=>
ost slaps its not even close
no abilities behind dlc paywall

preferences are preferences tho
What can I say I appreciate character variety in a game. If we could of controlled more of the SAS crew besides the 2 protag then Scarlet Nexus would get my vote over ToA. :manny:

And if the story and overall game pacing was a bit more cohesive and if it had more meat to its side and post game shyt. I think it's debatable on which cast is better. SN had the potential to have better story, but it falters a bit.

I will say, both games could've had better enemy variety.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

more dynamic combat - <=>
better visuals - Tales, but it's close
ost slaps its not even close - SN does win here
better cast - Toss up, actually
no abilities behind dlc paywall - :jbhmm::patrice::manny::hubie:

IMO, Tales edges it out by just having more meat to it overall. But I suppose a bit of the other box checks are debateable.

What can I say I appreciate character variety in a game. If we could of controlled more of the SAS crew besides the 2 protag then Scarlet Nexus would get my vote over ToA. :manny:

And also this.

Last edited:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
shyt is mid bro, put that shyt down still aint picked it back up. At least I finished Yuito's story in SN.
I haven't finished Kisane's story. Put over 80 hours in both tho. All but finished Tales post game DLC and still would beat it, but got other games to play as well and just haven't gotten back to it. Both are my rpgs of the year tho. High 8's level games at the end of the day...at least. Tales might be closer to 9 to me, IMO. I really enjoyed both, but Tales a lil moreso.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County

more dynamic combat
better visuals
ost slaps its not even close
better cast
no abilities behind dlc paywall

I beat ToA and I'm only 4 hours into this but these 2 immediately stand out to me and that's why I feel it's better already. ToA's cast are pretty JRPG cliche, you grow fond of them because you have so much play time with them but you've seen those characters before in a million other games. This game has anime cliche characters but they put wrinkles in that keep it interesting.

As far as combat goes I was bored of ToA's combat 2 hours in and had to put up with it for like 60. This game does a good job of keeping the combat fresh thus far

I'd also like to toss in that the world in SN is better. The powers, the SAS and aesthetic are more unique.