SCARLET NEXUS (Official Thread)

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
The graphics and the combat in this can stay, the voice acting is also excellent. The game has a solid foundation, if they just make the story and characters a little more interesting, diversify the side quests, and improve the hub worlds and open worlds this game would be a 9/10. The changes this game needs aren't major, the foundation is good enough to build on.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The graphics and the combat in this can stay, the voice acting is also excellent. The game has a solid foundation, if they just make the story and characters a little more interesting, diversify the side quests, and improve the hub worlds and open worlds this game would be a 9/10. The changes this game needs aren't major, the foundation is good enough to build on.

They pretty much started with the combat and built everything else around it

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Scarlet Nexus got 40% off deal sale on PS5. I'm glad I didn't buy this game, I did play demo, I liked it but I can tell I'm going to get bored real fast. I would play this game if its free.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Finished with Kasane, which means I've finished with both characters. Overall thoughts -

Positives:

-The combat is great, and the SAS system was done well. Combat itself is never really unfun or a chore.
-Pretty good graphics and voice acting
-Decent reply value on the 2nd playthrough, for the first 2/3rds of the game the story is pretty different for each character

Negatives:

-The story/characters are mid if we're being honest. Kasane is aight, Yuito is pretty much a generic RPG protagonist and most other characters are just anime stereotypes. The story itself was somehow both weird and still not that memorable, there was a bunch of questionable time travel mechanics. The villains were also meh. Karen''s entire motivation for changing the timeline was that somebody died and he can't accept it? Weak. Also, this game has about three years worth of cheesy friendship speeches, I mean c'mon now.
-The enemies were lacking in variety. Once you hit the 2nd half of the game it feels like you're fighting the same enemies over and over, just more of them and/or with more HP. Gets repetitive, especially on the 2nd run.
-They don't give you a lot of reason to care about side missions, at least from what I saw. The few I did, I didn't really get anythingi worthwhile and they had nothing much to do with the story.

Overall I'll give it 8/10 :yeshrug:

If there's a sequel, the main focus needs to be on writing a better story and having more different enemy types.

I pretty much agree with this word for word. I am not going to bother with the Yuito playthrough however. After I got to a certain point, it didn't matter what the enemy threw at me, I was going to wreck shyt. Enemy variety is a must. I hated that Bethesda style of leveling up enemies as well. More locales as well.

On to the anime now.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
A part of me salty I didn’t wait a month for this sale

Yea it was worth a day one, but could have saved 20 bucks on the deluxe version being patient for a month and a half

:francis:
I mean hey if you enjoyed your time with it that’s all that matters IMO :yeshrug:

Although given that their was a minor sale on this game on launch that was kind of a big hint that it won’t be too long for a sale.

Game looks hella fun, but I know it would be stuck in my jrpg backlog hell. Just waiting for it to go on sale for $30 to get it for my PS5.

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
"In a press release, Bandai Namco also detailed some upcoming DLC content coming to Scarlet Nexus in the future. Bandai Namco's description is as follows:

BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment has also unveiled DLC Pack 1 today, which includes:

• Bond Level Extension – A newly unlocked bond level (EX) which features new SAS power extensions, new bond episodes, and will reveal new aspects of your allies that was not available in the main story.
  • Additional Costumes and Weapons. – Set of newly designed costumes and weapons for all protagonists and party members to fight in style.
Strangely, there are no specific details yet on the DLCs pricing or release date, nor any media about these upcoming contents. We'll have to wait for more information from Bandai Namco.

Adds some gameplay options listed below.

• Settings for camera position and camera following

• Settings for the attack target correction while lock-on enemy (left stick direction ON/OFF)

• Settings for camera speed when lock-on enemy

• Function for some UI letter size expansion like Brain Talk or Logs

• Function for SAS cut-in ON/OFF
    Adjustment of the timing when to start running in combat
    Other adjustment and fixes"

:lawd:

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
DLC pics