SCARLET NEXUS (Official Thread)

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
PS5…so it feels good during combat…will play the demo again on the XSX to see if running around feels better tho…I noticed a similar difference when playing ‘death of the outsider’ on PS5 vs XSX…with the DS5, moving around felt loose almost like the character is sliding…this an enjoyable game tho…I think @Khalil's_Black_Excellence recommended it when I was asking about sci-fi RPGs

That I did. Also, regarding your PS5/XSX comparison.

Seems PS5 just slightly performs better overall. Both Series X and PS5 do 4k/60 pretty much all the time, barring a few slight drops in hectic fights. PS5 loads a couple point of seconds faster and is holds its 60 FPS slightly more consistently. Series X's VRR can make it a tad more manageable tho.:manny:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Also, regarding your PS5/XSX comparison.

ya I watched the DF vid earlier today…the difference seems negligible in the areas I care about resolution and framerate…I’m more so interested in seeing which controller handles it better…the DS5 immediately has the advantage when it comes to fighting but the sticks seem to be very sensitive at times…I’ll play the demo again on the XSX and see if it’s the controller or just the game itself

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
ya I watched the DF vid earlier today…the difference seems negligible in the areas I care about resolution and framerate…I’m more so interested in seeing which controller handles it better…the DS5 immediately has the advantage when it comes to fighting but the sticks seem to be very sensitive at times…I’ll play the demo again on the XSX and see if it’s the controller or just the game itself

There's also some dualsense use for the game as well.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
yo this game is dope…definitely worth the hype as I kept seeing folks bumping the thread and posting about it in other threads…I’m finally getting the hang of using these powers individually…I misread the tutorial and thought you had to press R1 and ALL the buttons at once instead of R1 + each button separately for different powers :mjlol:

that L2 move with the sticks is sick tho :banderas:

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
yo this game is dope…definitely worth the hype as I kept seeing folks bumping the thread and posting about it in other threads…I’m finally getting the hang of using these powers individually…I misread the tutorial and thought you had to press R1 and ALL the buttons at once instead of R1 + each button separately for different powers :mjlol:

that L2 move with the sticks is sick tho :banderas:

Told ya. That's dope that considering you're not even a big jrpg fan, yet you took a liking to the game nonetheless.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Told ya. That's dope that considering you're not even a big jrpg fan, yet you took a liking to the game nonetheless.

what's funny is I was reading around and I saw an article titled something along the lines of this game being a JPRG that ppl who don’t like JRPGs love or some shyt…I didn’t get to read it tho…lemme see if I can find it again

*edit*

lol it was a video title not an article…I’ll probably watch it later even tho my mind is already made up on the game

this review title sounds pretty interesting too

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
general player movement feels better on the xbox controller but the fighting doesn’t feel as satisfying…granted I’m now using the chic and these stupid knives instead of dude with the sword lol

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I'm on Phase 8 now. Loving how the game still throwing new surprises with your power usage and enemy types. Calling it early, but I definitely think this will be in my top 10 games of the year for sure.

Story beats really opening up well too.

Last edited:

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Funny, all the hoopla over the still shots used for most cut-scenes in this game, not only do I not have any issues with it, but I actually rather like them. Gives it its own vibe IMO and lets you see the art-style really shine in full detail.

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
Funny, all the hoopla over the still shots used for most cut-scenes in this game, not only do I not have any issues with it, but I actually rather like them. Gives it its own vibe IMO and lets you see the art-style really shine in full detail.
Also slimed the game size a lot, can’t beat only 20gb for what is essentially a long ass anime plot

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Thinking about picking this up, have a long weekend and wouldn't mind hopping into a new RPG :patrice:

I hear there are two main characters, does it matter who I play as first?

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Thinking about picking this up, have a long weekend and wouldn't mind hopping into a new RPG :patrice:

I hear there are two main characters, does it matter who I play as first?

Most recommend playing Yuito (the male protagonist) first as the way the narrative plays out, he's seemingly more in the dark about things in the beginning than Kasane (the female protagonist) is, so playing thru his first seems to make the more sequential story based sense, based on how earlier game events are rolled out between them.