SCARLET NEXUS (Official Thread)

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
So I just found out there is a soft level cap of 80 in this game, even though the hard cap is 99.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I haven’t played in like two days, bout to jump in later. Surprised people finished a entire route already

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
I haven’t played in like two days, bout to jump in later. Surprised people finished a entire route already

I'm gonna finish Yuito's tonight when I get home and start Kasane's. I'm not gonna go for the plat until I beat both stories.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Im gonna do the bonding activities but i might just skip out on the side quest altogether, its gonna lead to burnout for me.

Too much tedium

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Are you saying this from a gameplay POV or story commentary as far as the reviewers go? Maybe the reviewers played in easy mode if it's just the gameplay aspect that you're saying they could be off on.
Both really. Anyone playing can tell you the gameplay doesn't even open up til after Phase 6 or so imp and any mention of the story narrative seems kinda limited to the same things. I've also heard reviewers say "sometimes, you're just going to take damage" and I'm like..... sorta? There's more mechanics in play with this game than it lets on. You can brute force a lot of bosses in this game but its 100% doing it the hard way.
Im gonna do the bonding activities but i might just skip out on the side quest altogether, its gonna lead to burnout for me.

Too much tedium
There is no point to the sidequests really. The good ones don't even show up til NG+. And even then, are you really backtracking to an area just to kill 5 enemies a specific way just for 3 health items or something? :mjlol:

Some enemies reappear in new areas - with higher levels so they provide better drops as well. You'll get most of this stuff done organically. Same goes for the team stuff.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Both really. Anyone playing can tell you the gameplay doesn't even open up til after Phase 6 or so imp and any mention of the story narrative seems kinda limited to the same things. I've also heard reviewers say "sometimes, you're just going to take damage" and I'm like..... sorta? There's more mechanics in play with this game than it lets on. You can brute force a lot of bosses in this game but its 100% doing it the hard way.

There is no point to the sidequests really. The good ones don't even show up til NG+. And even then, are you really backtracking to an area just to kill 5 enemies a specific way just for 3 health items or something? :mjlol:

Some enemies reappear in new areas - with higher levels so they provide better drops as well. You'll get most of this stuff done organically. Same goes for the team stuff.

they could at least give you presents for them

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
yuito is jokes :mjlol:
they could at least give you presents for them
later on they do

and it still won't matter because those gifts are easier to get just playing the game as you normally do. you don't need to grind team stuff at all. if you give your teammates 1 of each item they're able to receive, you'll have maxed most of your team or at least level 5'd them. plus later on, there's better presents that are worth more as well

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
Just beat the Kasame run :wow: gonna start Yuito's playthrough next

I was level 59 when I kicked off Phase 12. Last dungeon is LONG.

Some of these bosses were straight fukkery :mjlol: I didn't die, but I definitely got away with brute forcing some shyt and I don't even feel dirty about it.

this game is dope. i might say more on it later but again its really, really fukking obvious that reviewers didn't finish even one run. new game plus seems legit too
Aight I’m entering phase 11 level 50, should I over level to 60 or 55ish should be enough?

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s

Too much tedium
One nice thing about this game is that finding everything is hella easier

This ain’t no legend of Zelda ass shyt that require brain puzzles, if you take 30 secs to go in the left room before continuing on you get rewarded with nice items

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
yo the combat! :leon:

fighting controls are tight

running around feels loose tho…dunno how to properly describe it…feels weird

also I need to see if I can invert the onscreen map display

cool game…have too much on my plate tho…might wait for a discount

Last edited:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
feels good:ahh:

are you playing on PlayStation Orr xbox?

PS5…so it feels good during combat…will play the demo again on the XSX to see if running around feels better tho…I noticed a similar difference when playing ‘death of the outsider’ on PS5 vs XSX…with the DS5, moving around felt loose almost like the character is sliding…this an enjoyable game tho…I think @Khalil's_Black_Excellence recommended it when I was asking about sci-fi RPGs