SCARLET NEXUS (Official Thread)

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
The metacritic opencritic is about 79-80. In line with what I expected. Probably just gonna buy the digital.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
MK Ice and Fire has the first 3 hours up on his channel right now on Series X. There will be spoilers though so be warned it isn't spoiler free footage.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Seems like some people overestimated how this would be. It’s kinda like a Tales of game with a different battle system. This is playable anime. The anime nature of it is just as important as the gameplay. If playing through an anime series doesn’t interest you this isn’t gonna be a good game to you.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Seems like some people overestimated how this would be. It’s kinda like a Tales of game with a different battle system. This is playable anime. The anime nature of it is just as important as the gameplay. If playing through an anime series doesn’t interest you this isn’t gonna be a good game to you.

I still don’t see how this is like a tales game. The only person who has criticized this game has been me so you might as well tag me.

You can’t tell me i don’t like anime games when i literally just played through 13 sentinels which is pretty much a visual novel

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I still don’t see how this is like a tales game.
The battle system is different but the concept is the same which is playable anime. Tales games are like the McDonalds of JRPGs never the best you'll ever have but still good enough to consume if hungry. I don't go into a Tales game expecting a GOTY candidate or even a 9/10 game. The best Tales games might be an 8/10 to me. Many of them are in the 7/10 range. Most Tales games are just a mash up of anime tropes, anime stock characters, and a serviceable at best plot. Usually the battle system is enjoyable enough.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The battle system is different but the concept is the same which is playable anime. Tales games are like the McDonalds of JRPGs never the best you'll ever have but still good enough to consume if hungry. I don't go into a Tales game expecting a GOTY candidate or even a 9/10 game. The best Tales games might be an 8/10 to me. Many of them are in the 7/10 range. Most Tales games are just a mash up of anime tropes, anime stock characters, and a serviceable at best plot. Usually the battle system is enjoyable enough.

Ok, that I agree with.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I dunno man, I guess I still live in the age were a 7 on up can still be extremely enjoyable if it's your kind of game.

only when games start getting 6's do I get iffy...

It's almost like scores don't mean anything if your game doesn't get a 8 on up, its bargain bin status.

Most of my favorite game experiences don't come from games that were 8, 9 or 10's ( well that weren't nintendo games)

I think the 1st couple were like metal gear 1 and 2

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I dunno man, I guess I still live in the age were a 7 on up can still be extremely enjoyable if it's your kind of game.

only when games start getting 6's do I get iffy...

It's almost like scores don't mean anything if your game doesn't get a 8 on up, its bargain bin status.

Most of my favorite game experiences don't come from games that were 8, 9 or 10's ( well that weren't nintendo games)

I think the 1st couple were like metal gear 1 and 2

Doesn’t mean you gotta buy it day 1 either