Can't wait!

Gonna kick back with this all weekend

tenor.gif

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Got that loud and I’m ready for a dope weekend, my shorty is going out of town so I can kickback smoke and enjoy this game:wow:

I watched two reviews and easily the EZ Allies review was the best without going into any spoilers

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Gotta get this on PlayStation,i heard there were problems with the xbox version which is why most of the review copies that went out have been on PlayStation and PC. Also, I’m sure the Dual Sense integration is giving it points also.

8-E332-BF9-1481-4611-B4-EB-31-ACE2-CB6526.jpg

1097-F024-90-BB-460-F-90-F5-4-BAB700944-B7.jpg

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
“Filled to the brim with visual novel conversations and over-the-top action, Scarlet Nexus is a surprisingly endearing game that might be more linear than people expect, but more compelling than it probably needed to be.“

I was hoping the visual novel/comic panel conversations wouldn’t be over abundant. Thats what I hated about gravity rush.

For a game so anime influenced I’d rather see well put together cutscenes and set pieces
Huh that wasn’t even too much in Gravity Rush:dahell:

If that bothered you don’t even pick this one up

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Huh that wasn’t even too much in Gravity Rush:dahell:

If that bothered you don’t even pick this one up

Meh almost all the actual story segments were told that way. I would have preferred actual cutscenes, I’m not sure why thats controversial

The gibberish they spoke didn’t help either

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Meh almost all the actual story segments were told that way. I would have preferred actual cutscenes, I’m not sure why thats controversial

The gibberish they spoke didn’t help either
It’s far from controversial you like what you like :yeshrug:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
breh you knew this wasn't gonna be that kind of game :dahell:

How would I know that? they got an entire anime based on it. Why are yall acting like having in-game cutscenes are uncommon? Almost every other game of this genre has cutscenes

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
How would I know that? they got an entire anime based on it. Why are yall acting like having in-game cutscenes are uncommon?
having a show hasn't ever been indicative of some great story or plot. even god eater got an anime.

and in-game cutscenes aren't anything more than one of many delivery mechanisms for story telling as well. hardly a make or break for a solid narrative anyways.

Superkick Party

Atlus / Ryū ga Gotoku
Daps
Reppin
Hub City
Glad to hear reviews for this are good, might not get this day one and wait for one those bamco sales that happen shortly after release

Still eating off FF7R and Metro Exodus atm

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I think the game informer review kinda gave me the information I needed I’m gonna wait for sale

these are the parts that stood out to me

Scarlett Nexus also becomes repetitive with reused areas and monsters to an extreme degree, especially in the later areas. There are enough bizarre things to hold your attention even as you begin to get bogged down with the formulaic level design that alternates between checkpoints and arenas. The level layouts in Scarlet Nexus feel overly functional to a ridiculous degree, with little distance from checkpoint to checkpoint – just a straight line of checkpoints and arenas without any dressing.

The action is incredibly engaging. The story and characters, not so much. Unfortunately, the story introduces a ludicrous number of characters early on and they don’t grow much throughout the campaign. The plot is an absurd out-of-this world tale that only makes sense in a universe this strange, but the little vignettes you unlock by improving your relationship with each individual character feel sterile and stagnant.

Last edited:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@Gizmo_Duck go ahead and exit the thread breh. If it's not a game you gushing over you try and low-key kill everyone else's joy.

Or make it a console war, when people in here are just looking to enjoy a game they pretty much have all already made there minds up on.