SCARLET NEXUS (Official Thread)

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Good enough I'm coppin the deluxe edition day 1. I don't pay full price for very many games so take that for what it's worth.

Combat is excellent, unlimited combos and possibilities plus it has a good soundtrack. Probably gonna have a stereotypical JRPG story though so don't expect anything groundbreaking there. If you like JRPGs go for it, if you don't I wouldn't recommend it.

Same here day 1 deluxe edition

What comes in the deluxe edition?

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What comes in the deluxe edition?
A bunch of unnecessary junk truthfully outside of the soundtrack.

I'm just showing support tbh

SCARLET NEXUS Pre-Order
The Standard Edition includes:

• Full Game
  • Pre-Order Bonus: Special Battle Attire Set -Audio-, Additional Attachment “Dream Catcher”, Additional Attachment “Face Vision Seal”, Additional Attachment Set “Shoulder Baki (11)”

SCARLET NEXUS Deluxe Edition Pre-Order
The Deluxe Edition includes:

• Full Game
  • Brain Punk Bundle (Battle Attire Set -Red-, Digital Soundtrack, Digital Artbook)
  • Deluxe Edition Bonus: SAS Plug-in Variations (3)
  • Deluxe Edition Bonus: Additional Attachment “The Other”
  • Pre-Order Bonus: Special Battle Attire Set -Audio-, Additional Attachment “Dream Catcher”, Additional Attachment “Face Vision Seal”, Additional Attachment Set “Shoulder Baki (11)”

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
A bunch of unnecessary junk truthfully outside of the soundtrack.

I'm just showing support tbh

SCARLET NEXUS Pre-Order
The Standard Edition includes:

• Full Game

SCARLET NEXUS Deluxe Edition Pre-Order
The Deluxe Edition includes:

• Full Game
  • Brain Punk Bundle (Battle Attire Set -Red-, Digital Soundtrack, Digital Artbook)
  • Deluxe Edition Bonus: SAS Plug-in Variations (3)
  • Deluxe Edition Bonus: Additional Attachment “The Other”

Aite. Appreciated. I...doubt I'll get deluxe edition. I think I'll day one tho.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I guess I should preorder this

bgsvd.jpg

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
Cool demo. A thing that was bothering me is there is no kinda threat indicator, kept getting hit off screen by ranged enemies:beli:

EarlyEarly

Superstar
Daps
Just played the demo. The girl plays weird. Not a fan. I liked the guys teammates abilities better too. Is the story just the same thing just copy pasted between main characters?

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Dallas' 4 Eva

I really enjoyed the Demo/Gameplay. I played as the male character, Yuito. And combat is insanely layered and you can see the Tales of Vesperia team influence in the complexity. It's hard to tell what they are going for. It's technically character action but there is that heavy reliance on abilities instead of actual "moves" and combos. Throwing stuff is vaguely reminiscent of Control, but in that game picking up objects and throwing them felt fast and impactful compared to the way Nexus has you charge them up and the camera is too close, the lock-on is clunky, and the teammate ability cooldowns are tad too short. Maybe the durations of the latter can be improved in the skill tree? I also don't like how much augmented reality stuff there is cluttering the screen. . I won't even call this game a JRPGs cause it isn't even close to "JRPGs" like I thought it would. So for me personally I won't be getting it Day 1.....maybe, I'll pick it up after Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart and get free FF7 Remake: Intergrade to play DLC or waiting on sale.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just played the demo. The girl plays weird. Not a fan. I liked the guys teammates abilities better too. Is the story just the same thing just copy pasted between main characters?

My only fear is that the two characters’ stories are going to be too similar to each other. Kinda hoping for like a Claire A/Leon B scenario thing from the original RE2 where you guys cross paths but you have to play as both characters to get the full story.