SCARLET NEXUS (Official Thread)

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
This is without a doubt a JRPG bro, y'all nikkas trippin.

Yeah if someone said they play every kind of game but jrpgs and you told them to buy this they'd be mad lol

Mad as fukk. :russ:

Just because it isn't turn based doesn't mean it isn't a JRPG. Tales has never been turn based and it is still a JRPG.

I'm confused. nikkas said this is more like DMC. That's not a JRPG.

Now I don't know what kind of game this is. :dead:

Is this DMC/Bayonetta or is this Tales :damn:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I'm confused. nikkas said this is more like DMC. That's not a JRPG.

Now I don't know what kind of game this is. :dead:

Is this DMC/Bayonetta or is this Tales :damn:

It’s def not like Tales, don’t let these nikkas lie to you lol

It’s honestly probably closest to something like Astral Chain, and I don’t consider AC a RPG either

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It's closer to Tales than it is DMC. :usure:

Change the art style and yall wouldn’t think that. It’s gameplay loop is basically go to area, clear this area of mobs, watch cutscene, finish level, story cutscene, hub area where you can upgrade, next level, rinse and repeat

Thats more like DMC than it is Tales. Tales you have the ability to detour and explore the open world more like dragonquest, and tales even though it is an action rpg in terms of fighting you have actual seperate screen encounters and use menus for healing and items. They are also incredibly long over/epic scale narratives. I’ve seen nothing of this game to even suggest it will have a any kind of extensive side quest system

I used DMC to make a point about how the aesthetic is what makes people want to call it an RPG. If it’s more realistic it doesn’t get those comparisons.

And like i said, the best comparison to this game would probably be Astral Chain and I would never consider that an RPG.

Of course someone who doesn’t like JRPG’s wouldn’t like this because they have the same aesthetic and storytelling. Which is probably the most off putting thing for people not into anime.

Last edited:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Its much more similar to tales than most other jrpgs, outside of having the active characters running around the battle field, also I'm not sure how towns and other parts of the map will work. Even if it's all halls a corridors I doubt anyone wouldn't call FFX10 a jrpg and it started this trend, even FF7R

This reminds me of tales, Gravity rush, and FF7R

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Its much more similar to tales than most other jrpgs, outside of having the active characters running around the battle field, also I'm not sure how towns and other parts of the map will work. Even if it's all halls a corridors I doubt anyone wouldn't call FFX10 a jrpg and it started this trend, even FF7R

FFX is still a traditional turn based JRPG

I mean, i don’t really care. Yall can call it whatever you want at the end of the day. I just know for a fact if you tell someone this is a JRPG and tell them its like Tales they are gonna be severely disappointed

Last edited:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County

DMC is nothing like FFX tho :stopitslime:

It’s closest to Nier if anything else which is a JRPG.

If it's close to Nier, I get it, and even that game wasn't close to Tales. Nier is an action game that just so happens to have a leveling system. It also has an open world and side missions.

If this doesn't have an open world it's not even Nier tho, which already wasn't that much like a JPRG.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
FF10 is still a traditional turn based JRPG

I mean, i don’t really care yall can call it whatever you want at the end of the day. I just know for a fact you tell someone this is a JRPG and tell them its like Tales that are gonna be severely disappointed

If you tried to tell me to buy this because it is similar to DMC, next time I saw you I'd probably have to hit you with the :birdman:.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
If you tried to tell me to buy this because it is similar to DMC, next time I saw you I'd probably have to hit you with the :birdman:.

Once again, i would never bring up DMC as a FIRST point of reference to this game. But, it still has more similarities to straight up action games like DMC, Bayonetta, Astral Chain, MG:R, etc, then it does to actual JRPG games.

It’s stage orientated, combo based combat, that relies more on button presses than it does stats or strategy. I mean if you want to consider it a JRPG or Action RPG its whatever but these are action games to me and thats fine. It doesn’t suffer from not having an open world you gotta constantly backtrack through and NPC’s sending you to find their Gatorade bottles

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Once again, i would never bring up DMC as a FIRST point of reference to this game. But, it still has more similarities to straight up action games like DMC, Bayonetta, Astral Chain, MG:R, etc, then it does to actual JRPG games.

It’s stage orientated, combo based combat, that relies more on button presses than it does stats or strategy. I mean if you want to consider it a JRPG or Action RPG its whatever but these are action games to me and thats fine. It doesn’t suffer from not having an open world you gotta constantly backtrack through and NPC’s sending you to find their Gatorade bottles

:dwillhuh:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
DMC is nothing like FFX tho :stopitslime:

If it's close to Nier, I get it, and even that game wasn't close to Tales. Nier is an action game that just so happens to have a leveling system. It also has an open world and side missions.

If this doesn't have an open world it's not even Nier tho, which already wasn't that much like a JPRG.

This isn't really like dmc, I think the only reason people feel like that is because there is a launcher and you can do floaty air combo's