SCARLET NEXUS (Official Thread)

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
I think I’m gonna wait to buy it. I want to hear more about the gameplay loop/story/length etc.

The actual combat so far is prob my favorite as far as action games go

If I had to bet the gameplay loop is gonna be repetitive by end game(there is a reason JRPGs are niche titles) and the length will be typical of a JRPG(30-50 hours base game, 70+ for a completionist run). I'm a fan of JRPGs so I know I'll enjoy this. You don't seem to like them as much so I would recommend you wait for it to go on sale. I think if you can get this for $30 you would be winning.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
If I had to bet the gameplay loop is gonna be repetitive by end game(there is a reason JRPGs are niche titles) and the length will be typical of a JRPG(30-50 hours base game, 70+ for a completionist run). I'm a fan of JRPGs so I know I'll enjoy this. You don't seem to like them as much so I would recommend you wait for it to go on sale. I think if you can get this for $30 you would be winning.

I’ve only been playing them since i was 6:francis:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
you know there is zero chance of a good story in scarlet nexus from a casual glace then :unimpressed: you ain't gotta fake the concern trolling ALL the time breh

How would i know that? I have no clue how the story will end up or if it will cater to my specific taste in RPG’s/anime.

Like i said I love 13 sentinels, I didn’t like astral Chain. How would I know how this game will end up? Y’all are mad defensive over everything

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
How would i know that? I have no clue how the story will end up or if it will cater to my specific taste in RPG’s/anime.

Like i said I love 13 sentinels, I didn’t like astral Chain. How would I know how this game will end up? Y’all are mad defensive over everything
there isn't a single thing about Scarlet Nexus that looks like its anything other than the same safe tropes that fill literally every other mid-tier, passable at best anime story :francis: the story doesn't even have the legs to be God Eater-tier

but why should anyone care - nobody played Astral Chain for the story. If they did :mjlol:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
there isn't a single thing about Scarlet Nexus that looks like its anything other than the same safe tropes that fill literally every other mid-tier, passable at best anime story :francis: the story doesn't even have the legs to be God Eater-tier

but why should anyone care - nobody played Astral Chain for the story. If they did :mjlol:

Combat alone can’t sustain me over 30 hours

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
To keep it 100, Persona 5 is the last JRPG that actually had a top flight story(even if there are parts that didn't make sense, mainly the Royal expansion). I guess you could say FF7R, but that is a remake of a 20+ year old game so I don't count it on that level.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
To keep it 100, Persona 5 is the last JRPG that actually had a top flight story(even if there are parts that didn't make sense, mainly the Royal expansion). I guess you could say FF7R, but that is a remake of a 20+ year old game so I don't count it on that level.

I honestly don’t even consider these games JRPGs.

Edit—— before yall jump down my throat:dame:

I’m not referring to persona/ff7 as “these games” I’m referring to the action oriented japanese games

A lot of these joints are just action games like devil may cry, sure they have some stats and armor but thats almost every game these days. There’s very little difference between something like this and God of War, this looks even more linear and stage based also. These are action rpgs at best.

And Nier Automata had the best story a eastern game has had in all last gen:yeshrug:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

If you didn't like Astral Chains story you probably won't like this, it seems really similar already with the little info we have.

And reading anymore beforehand steals any possible joy from the story you would get