Sausage Party (Official Thread)

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
This movie was awful. It made me realize how genius Trey Parker and Matt Stone are with the stuff they don South Park because Sausage Party tried to do what they do and failed at every turn. And the worst sin this movie commits is that its not funny. Sure there were a few moments that caused a slight chuckle but there were no real laughs in this entire movie aside from the ridiculousness of that food orgy at the end of the movie.

Pretty much. I was shocked mostly how bored I was throughout the whole ordeal. It's one of those movies that thinks adult humor is just being crude over and over. Rogen & co clearly lack the nuance of a Trey and Matt who besides having dirty minds, also have an actual talent for comedy. The food orgy offers a pretty good comparison. It might be just as crude (or worse) than the hardcore sex scene in Team America, but the latter works not because it's crude but because it makes fun of those cheesy romantic "love making" scenes in Hollywood movies (people caressing each other in their underwear and stuff). The orgy in Sausage Party is just crude with the only intent to be crude. And that doesn't make it funny.

You can say they sorta tried to do some social commentary with the Bagel/Lavash stuff and the part with Firewater and Mr Grits but even then it never does anything except wink at the audience like "see what we're doing here".

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
OUTSIDE OF SHOVING THE ANTI-GOD AND GAY AGENDA DOWN OUR THROATS (NO MIAMI316), MOVIE WAS FUNNY

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That first female shopper though... :noah: :takedat:

The douche puns got me EVERY time. :laugh:

People who are offended by this haven't been using the internet long enough. :manny:

I was drunk as fukk watching this and i expected stupid immature humor. The douche was the only thing that really had me rollin how he kept sayin im a fukkin douche brah and im gonna get all up in that shyt.

It was short as fukk too so maybe theres an extended cut somewhere

Goatpoacher

Superstar
Daps
OUTSIDE OF SHOVING THE ANTI-GOD AND GAY AGENDA DOWN OUR THROATS (NO MIAMI316), MOVIE WAS FUNNY

Ironic. Your existence made your parents lose faith in God and your posts are certified fresh by NAMBLA.