SAS & Windhorst go in on ASG & Adam Silver's NBA

reserved_one

#Ambivertgang
Daps
Reppin
So.ILL/Raider Nation
I truly hate what the NBA has turned into :mjcry:

The game feels soulless now…I’m not sure if that’s the right word but i just don’t get excited and determined to watch it anymore.

Yeah the players of today are the most talented in any era so this ain’t no old head hating (I’m 31 and became a fan during the Kobe, TMac, AI, LeBron, Carmelo era) but the style of play is different I’ll just say that.

Silver’s decision making has been questionable and I’m glad he’s getting called out by the media.

ThaBronxBully

Postin’ & Toastin’ Since 02’
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I rarely watch games anymore and didnt watch All Star Weekend, and I dont feel any FOMO over it. The league has gotten boring to me. The regular season just has such little value, and Im sure when I tune in for some playoff games 60% of them will be blowouts. I just dont care anymore and Im so happy to be spending time, money & energy on better things.

You could say the Bulls being an embarrassment factors in, but they've been embarrassing for most of my adult life, so :manny:

Same For Me, We Used To Have Fun On Here With All Our NBA Trash Talk, League Is Dry AF Now, I Don’t Watch

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
The product is just all around bad. Haven't watched that shyt in a good 5-7 years b/c everyone jacks up 3s to the point it's ridiculous. All Star game been a joke and they don't care. No showmanship at all anymore. The commentators are more entertaining than the players. Just awful.
The jacking of threes is baffling, Boston could have beat GSW last year if they wasn’t obsessed with hitting threes. So many teams shoot their selves out of games because they don’t run plays they just rely on making 3’s to get them wins. The scoring numbers are over inflated and defense is a joke. I swear Boston took more 3’s than GSW in that finals

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The jacking of threes is baffling, Boston could have beat GSW last year if they wasn’t obsessed with hitting threes. So many teams shoot their selves out of games because they don’t run plays they just rely on making 3’s to get them wins. The scoring numbers are over inflated and defense is a joke. I swear Boston took more 3’s than GSW in that finals

You’re just going off confirmation bias, you remember the Celtics missing 3’s so therefore that had to be the reason they lost

The Warriors shot 40 more 3s in that series than the Celtics did and had a lower percentage. The Celtics did not lose because of their volume of 3-Pt shots, they lost because of their historically high amount of turnovers, Tatum having one of the most inefficient Finals ever and getting little to no production from their bench

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79

:mjlol:ITS AMAZING HOW nikkaS COP PLEAS
FOR GROWN MEN WHO GET PAID
9 FIGURES TO PLAY A CHILDS GAME.

:devil:
:evil:

While their goofy asses running to the time clock because they are 1 tardy away from being suspended 3 days without pay:mjlol:

Goofies go to bat for these rich athletes before they even whisper how displeased they are with their pay at their jobs:mjlol:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
"Ring culture" has been a thing since the 60's when Russell was beating down Wilt in the Finals, or did we forget Wilt was constantly ridiculed for not winning, in life and in post mortem? Kareem never wrote that article either, huh? MJ was regulary dumped on by fans and the media in the late 80's for not winning. He was deemed a glorified solo act that was still a notch below Magic & Bird because they won championships while he jumped really high and scored points. Hell, at that point in time, the general consensus from fans & the media was that you couldn't even win with a guard that won a scoring title.

And since y'all want to invoke Kobe's name since you're still suffering from PTSD, a lot of you same negros crying today were parroting 6 > 3 throughout the early 00's during the MJ vs Bean debate and placing emphasis on being Finals MVP. It was ALWAYS,

"He'll score 81 vs Toronto, but he'll never win another ring without Shaq."

"Where's the Finals MVP?"

"4 (Shaq Heat) > 3 as a sidekick."

Now you want to rewrite history and throw passive aggressive hissy fits? The tone only shifted beyond ring count in the late 10's once it became 5 > 2 and now that it looks as if it'll be ending 5 > 4. These new cats lacking the motor of players years past & Silver setting the tone of indifference w/ his good cop routine in contrast to Stern's bad cop has nothing to do with what Skip Bayless is talking about on FS1 on a random Wednesday and everything to do with the fact they simply don't care like that because they don't have to w/ the current regime.

Spot on about every single point:wow:

Only players who had pressure to win rings like that was Kobe and Lebron. So not sure where this idea is coming from that fan pressured all these players in their primes to ring chase and create superteams. We didnt give a damn about how many rings most players had,unless they were in the Jordan conversation. Old players chasing a ring towards the end has always been a thing understandably. Lebron in his prime chose to ring chase,and create the player empowerment era. So I want yall to blame Lebron specefically if you believe he caved into our peer pressure. Because other players follwed him. They certainly didnt hear us pressuring they non legacy having asses to win a bunch of rings:mjlol:

If your just talking about winning a ring period,there has never been a time i remember where winning at least one didnt matter. But those players didnt force trades to the bulls,spurs and lakers.

Fans just played the cards we were dealt. Nba did nothing to stop "player empowerment" era and told us to deal with it. Now yall wanna blame the fans for creating that. I recall fans making it clear how they felt originally. Then I recall nba doing nothing about it.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
NBA has no idea how precarious their position is. First group of billionaires that throw together some squads in big cities (think XFL) can expand internationally overnight and put the NBA out of business in about 18 months.
The XFL is only able to put together a good product because the NFL doesn't have many international equivalents and legit good football players who don't make it have no other place to call home. Also mid-level football looks better than mid-level basketball.

That's not really the case for the NBA. If you don't make it in the NBA you can find work in a lot of other places. The only group that would make the NBA sweat would be LIV because they'd do some shyt like offer Giannis a 3 year/800 million dollar deal and do that shyt worldwide.

The XFL/USFL don't need Tom Bradys and Pat Mahomes to work, anyone trying to compete with the NBA will need LeBrons and Currys. And even then people won't believe they are LeBrons or Curry level because they aren't playing in the NBA.

In The Zone '98

Superstar
Daps
The product is just all around bad. Haven't watched that shyt in a good 5-7 years b/c everyone jacks up 3s to the point it's ridiculous. All Star game been a joke and they don't care. No showmanship at all anymore. The commentators are more entertaining than the players. Just awful.

2010...141-139
2011...148-143
2012...152-149
2013...143-138
2014...163-155
2015...163-158
2016...196-173
2017...192-182
2018...148-145
2019...178-164
2020...157-155
2021...170-150
2022...163-160
2023...184-175

OK, buddy. ASG been a joke?

So what year do you think the joke started. Because all I see are competitive games.

🤔

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
That’s kind of a chicken or the egg thing …did people stop caring because the players stopped playing? Because there was a time we’re being an allstar mvp was a nice honor for players to tout

Remember when Pippen won it in 94? He used that opportunity to tell the world hey look, MJ's gone and I'm the guy now. What I'm saying is that an ASG MVP it was indeed important. Or when AI won it in 2001 it was like an indication of his MVP season. MJ was not letting anyone else win it at MSG either.

How we blaming fans for caring about rings? We never pressured anybody into ring chasing. In fact im pretty sure fans were against "superteams". But were essentially forced to live with it. But im glad yall finally wanna acknowledge that Lebron fukked the league up with "the decision" and that "player empowerment" garbage:martin:

Exactly, I don't understand all this talk about "fans only talking about rings". That stuff only comes into discussion when you're comparing GOAT-type players, no one really cares if John Wall or Paul George wins a ring or doesn't. It won't move the needle of how we see those players that much. It only moves the needle when you're comparing guys who both already have MVPs or who already have won multiple titles. That's how I've always seen it. The fact CP0 never won doesn't change the fact he's one of the best point guards ever. The fact that Ewing or Barkley or Miller never won doesn't change the fact they're among the best of all time.

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Remember when Pippen won it in 94? He used that opportunity to tell the world hey look, MJ's gone and I'm the guy now. What I'm saying is that an ASG MVP it was indeed important. Or when AI won it in 2001 it was like an indication of his MVP season. MJ was not letting anyone else win it at MSG either.

Exactly, I don't understand all this talk about "fans only talking about rings". That stuff only comes into discussion when you're comparing GOAT-type players, no one really cares if John Wall or Paul George wins a ring or doesn't. It won't move the needle of how we see those players that much. It only moves the needle when you're comparing guys who both already have MVPs or who already have won multiple titles. That's how I've always seen it. The fact CP0 never won doesn't change the fact he's one of the best point guards ever. The fact that Ewing or Barkley or Miller never won doesn't change the fact they're among the best of all time.

Why are you calling him CP0 if him winning a ring doesn’t matter :mjpls: