Saquon hit that I-95 For Greener Grass and Moore Motion: 2024 Philadelphia Eagles Season Thread

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Hurts issue is that he need someone to really grill his ass and coach him. There are so many instances where he is on the sideline by himself. Where is the coach or offensive coordinator grilling his ass etc asking what he is seeing. This shyt is a fixable coaching wise.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Too many overreactions and hot takes after this game for me.

The Eagles got out of there with a WIN and No injuries after playing on that shytty field... tough luck for GB. But that DLINE was on a mission to lock all windows and doors in the final seconds.

Jalen and Cam have some work to do, but I expected the sloppiness and moments of bad decision-making after getting no live reps in the preseason. Overall, I'm not concerned.

Minus the turnovers and miscues, the offense looked good. The defense had good moments. Jalen Carter is HIM, and we have something with Mitchell.

Saquon is a revelation behind this OLINE, and the Giants are an idiot franchise.

GREAT WIN, after a pitiful end to last season and the national media Glazing GB all week.

Couldn't have said it better. It's the 1st game Thousands of miles from Philly on a terrible surface. It's not Greenbay didn't make mistakes. I don't know why people think you are going to see a "Flawless" game in those circumstances. Sure Jalen and Cam need to get some things work out because obviously he's a new center but I'm not concerned. Now them losing after the way they ended last year I would be concerned. But that didn't happen, not only did they win but the Offense thus far has put up some of the highest points of the 1st week. Every game is filled with mistakes. They got out of there healthy with a W in a foreign country.

mikishere

#byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
After watching the rest of the league

I feel way better where we stand

extremely better. there were some decisions that hurts made that were mind boggling, but its week 1 in yet another new offense on a shytty field 5000 miles away. jordan love who everybody crowned for a 8 game stretch looked just as off if not worse.

this offense will be the best offense in the league this year and im confident that this young defense gets it together by mid season :hubie:.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Definitely, the criticism is warranted. I don't care about the 1st INT and the fumble wasn't on him, but the 2nd INT was egregious. He just got away with Nixon dropping a pick 6, then on 3rd & Goal where a FG makes it an 8 point game, why are you throwing across your body like it's the final play and you need a TD ? Jaire made a good play but he should've never had a chance to.

Jalen has two years as a starter where those kind of decisions weren't an issue, so I'm confident it'll get tightened up. When it happens it deserves to be called out though, that's not winning football.
not sure what you saw last season. he made those kinda poor decisions all yr

mikishere

#byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
not sure what you saw last season. he made those kinda poor decisions all yr
pretty sure hes talking about 2021 & 2022. as it stands right now, 2023 is still the outlier year. im still not in panic mode yet but he did enough dumb shyt on friday to definitely warrant some skepticism though.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
pretty sure hes talking about 2021 & 2022. as it stands right now, 2023 is still the outlier year. im still not in panic mode yet but he did enough dumb shyt on friday to definitely warrant some skepticism though.
If goff and prescott are the best other qbs in the conference i ain’t really worried but yea we need him to get right

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
GXAO32hXcAA_gwp

(BIRDS ROLL IN BRAZIL AND WIN NFL'S FIRST OPENING GAME IN SOUTH AMERICA)

Eagles now 4-0 in the Hurts/Sirianni Era in Opening Games. They lead the NFC BEAST after week 1 for the 3rd straight year (Jalen put up more Yards, Points and TD's than every QB in the Division in week 1). Saquon Barkely scored more TD's (3) than his former Giants Team did (0) on opening day. He was a beast out there. It was the best opening performance in Eagles History since T.O. in 2004 20 years ago. AJ and Devonta picked up where they left off. The Eagles have a Top 5 Offense based on week 1. Like I said, it wasn't perfect but how could you look around the league and be scared? A lot of average play out there.

Next up is the new look Falcons. Sorry but they didn't look that hot and lost to the Steel Curtin without Russell and with Justin Fields starting. Plus they were at home too. Yes Kirk has played us a long time and knows us very well (Washington/Vikings) but that has nothing to do with the team he has now. There is no excuse, it's Saint Nick's Retirement Game and we are at Home instead of thousand of miles away in Brazil. Let's start 2-0 for the 3rd Season in row. Lastly heard the Jordan Love news, glad it wasn't worst because it did look bad. Hope for a speedy recovery for the young Brotha.

Last edited:

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
A few observations:

Mekhi Becton at RG >>> Cam Jurgens at RG last season

We need Moro Ojomo & Milton Williams to really step up this season on the DL...we need them to be stout against the run & collapse the pocket on passing downs

After what I saw on Fri against those good GB receivers, Quinyon Mitchell deserves to be the starter for the rest of the season