Santa Monica, California decline

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
As an outsider looking in, Cali turned its back on the regular Californians with high state taxes, and then adding additional taxes plus real estate value is just completely baseless at this point. Paying 800k for a 1 bedroom shack. People stared moving to Oregon and Arizona and then began moving to Austin and Dallas TX.

Shame what happened.

Hater Eraser

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
That California Lifestyle ...
let me break it down for y’all
Capitalism absolutely destroyed our middle class.

Americans by and large built postwar wealth in the manufacturing sector.
The children of these laborers grow into adults who are raised in broken homes… and they are just as unskilled as their parents.., but they don’t have the job that their parents did because those jobs are gone.

So they turn into the streets and they become addicts and they go where the drugs and resources are.

Oh to add insult to injury, that piece of shyt Ronald Reagan lead the charge in the defunding federal subsidies for mental health facilities. these people that are hopeless, unskilled, and mentally ill due to trauma do not have easy access to mental health resources and often time wind up in jail which doesn’t provide any help, at all...

full

" Ooh! Turfs scorchin' smokin' hot like a broken stove
Me and my Filipinos, Tongans and cholos
On the soil, taking precaution
On the roof in the trees, with them Latins listenin' and watchin'

Ugh - Good Grief!
It's never been this ugly out here, we in some heavy beef

They left his body in the streets for twelve hours
Candlelight vigils, sidewalk funerals and flowers

Ooh! These youngsters ain't listenin' they disrespectin' it
Ain't no O.G.'s to holla at, no one to deaden it
Ooh - chemical babies, the parents smokin' rock

Plus they ain't never had a chance to know God (to know God)

In my days, I was raised in the church
Momma did what she could just to keep us off the turf (keep us off the turf)
But it ain't no one to blame (but who?)

But Noriega and Reagan and rock cocaine

Daps
Reppin
ATL paid.. Cali blazed
I live here in SM.

It’s a legit shyt show.

No lie, three days last week I walked past human shyt near the promenade downtown. I have been followed and harassed crossing the street by homeless and mentally ill.

Mad buildings are for sale and for lease. And FYI, my rent is going up next month… :scusthov: :damn:
Are you frail or gay looking? No disrespect but I neva had a homeless person try me they only mess who they perceive as weak or women. No disrespect

Daps
Reppin
Eastside of that Motor
I was just in LA earlier this year and yeah it’s all bad like all the west coast :hubie:

If they say it takes 10 years to properly prepare for an Olympics it’s gonna be a real problem come ‘28 cause the homeless and tent city situation is out of control

boogers

cats rule, dogs drool
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#catset
Damn why can't they set up hobovilles for them? It's nothing to tell the cops to have them move along/

Fine them and have them clean up the shyt in lieu of payment.
have to see em as people first. most people look at them like roaches

someone in a position of power has to care first

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I was just in LA earlier this year and yeah it’s all bad like all the west coast :hubie:

If they say it takes 10 years to properly prepare for an Olympics it’s gonna be a real problem come ‘28 cause the homeless and tent city situation is out of control

Gavin newsome and the govt gonna sanitize the whole of LA for the olympics watch... :sadcam: not gonna be 1 bum in sight....

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love

LA has been prepping for the Olympics for years already. Figueroa corridor from Exposition to DTLA got cleaned up years ago....multiple stadiums/venues have been built... Metro Expansion w/ testing for mass transit to venues from surrounding cities/ regions of LA etc. all the venues for the Olympics already exist and those areas been cleaned up.

The uncomfortable solution to this affordable housing/homeless crisis is building new housing projects....but no major city truly wants to deal with the PR nightmare it'd be to announce something like that.

Raw Lyrics

Sunset Park
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
But that is unfair to put a decades-long problem on one person. Mental health services were underfunded before he got into office, not being able to involuntary commit people is not his fault.

How can he be blamed for shyt like this:

Or shyt like this:

There is way more i can link but i will not. Newsom did not create this issue, CA was not some paradise before he came in so to put this problem solely on him is ridiculous. This issue has been a combination of many factors over decades that can not be blamed on one person.

The problem is...almost all of these links are from this year. Newsom has been a Governor, Lieutenant Governor, and Mayor of San Francisco. He's been in politics for the last 20 years and in those 20 years the homelessness issue has gotten exponentially worse. He doesn't get a free pass, at all.