Santa Monica, California decline

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
I live here in SM.

It’s a legit shyt show.

No lie, three days last week I walked past human shyt near the promenade downtown. I have been followed and harassed crossing the street by homeless and mentally ill.

Mad buildings are for sale and for lease. And FYI, my rent is going up next month… :scusthov: :damn:
Ayo @Uncouth Savage leave my nikka alone :ufdup:

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
High prices and remote work is what did Southern California in.

Not even mad at the latter, but the former is a problem from up top.

The city hasn't been same since the lockdown. All my family and my wife's family being out here is only thing that's keeping us from selling property and moving to Oceania.

Last edited:

TDUBB

All Star
Daps
I use to come to Santa Monica to pickup women at the Promenade. But yeah I definitely ran into a couple crazy homeless people back then. I’m talking 2017. I’m sure it’s way worse now.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
People don’t seem to realize the lasting repercussions of COVID. People lost family, livelihood, and social connections. Businesses unable to recover. This is not surprising really.
Exactly.

LA was so different pre vs post lockdown.

It's crazy because San Diego honestly hasn't changed much, neither has the IE but the overall vibe in LA and Orange County just hasn't been the same.

The thing is LA was built during the architectural low points of the 60's so it's already an older-looking city. Now with these problems the city looks straight up dirty. Went to the Bay area recently and that city looks better.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
So YouTube news influencers is a thing?

My nephew sent me a video of a cologne review and that muthafukka called himself a “fragrance influencer”

All states are fukked up BTW
:dahell: now washed u gotta be to not know about the cologne community

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
People defended cali policies for years while rational folks looked on in bewilderment knowing what the outcome would be. This is that outcome. Vegas is full move elsewhere we don’t need to cali it up here

Amo Husserl

Superstar
Daps
Cali is goin' through a sharp decline.
People either movin' inland or outta state.
Been seein' a lot of black people pick up and go to Vegas.
What's happening in Santa Monica is happening in Los Angeles and San Francisco: the system can't support everybody trying to live off it.
This ain't the cracks, what you seein' is holes in the system.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Mind you, at the same time these companies want cheap talent:

We're building OTHER countries' middle classes. That's not hyperbole. That's actual facts. India's middle class skyrocketed thanks to American companies hiring overseas. A few thousand of those tech jobs we shipped to India would've looked good for remote workers of Santa Monica.

Last edited:

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
So YouTube news influencers is a thing?

My nephew sent me a video of a cologne review and that muthafukka called himself a “fragrance influencer”

All states are fukked up BTW
The economy is embarrassingly bad.

The 4 big cities (NY, LA, Chicago, Houston) are not where you wanna live.

The smartest choice is to live in a densely populated city with low cost of living, away from natural disasters like Las Vegas, Seattle or Arizona.

JamesJabdi

Superstar
Daps
More money going to the top 1% then ever before.....its blatant corruption and money mismanagement. The CA goverment working more to keep the rich happy and ignoring the poor. These communities don't want more housing in their area and block it.....then when they are overrun with homeless people who can't afford rent they act suprised :martin:

America is too big of a country to be experiencing homeless crisis like this and people struggling.......but the unemployment number is down:mjlol: