Santa Monica, California decline

jerzboy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ton of homeless people live there. You're guaranteed to see a schizo talking to people that ain't there every time. The people that live in those houses on the beach have to look before they step outside. It's that bad

Santa Monica use to be a cool spot to chill and kick-it. They use to have a good club scene on main st and other places in SM, but all the clubs closed down.
I don't get it. WHen did this happen? I lived in Cali around 2014... Just recently left, and last time I was there, about a year and a half ago, I don't remember it being like that at all... It was always Venice that was shyt... Shyt, I was on the boardwalk on Santa Monica in 2022 and it was completely fine.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
I live here in SM.

It’s a legit shyt show.

No lie, three days last week I walked past human shyt near the promenade downtown. I have been followed and harassed crossing the street by homeless and mentally ill.

Mad buildings are for sale and for lease. And FYI, my rent is going up next month… :scusthov: :damn:
Damn why can't they set up hobovilles for them? It's nothing to tell the cops to have them move along/

Fine them and have them clean up the shyt in lieu of payment.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
It's not just that, BUT property taxes and rents keep getting higher and higher... people can't afford to keep up...:francis:
really there should be no minimum wage which kinda creates a market of poor people who increase demand for lower prices.

Colombia is thinking of getting rid of it but they have a strata system where people who live in different zones pay less for ultilites and services. Taxes are also cheaper so there's an incinitive to build low income housing.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
really there should be no minimum wage which kinda creates a market of poor people who increase demand for lower prices.

Colombia is thinking of getting rid of it but they have a strata system where people who live in different zones pay less for ultilites and services. Taxes are also cheaper so there's an incinitive to build low income housing.

that's cool but here in america its the opposite corps make these fancy high rises and squeeze every drop of money from the people no matter what...:francis: they are not incentivized to make housing for poor folks...

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
Only question is where to go.

It seems like everybody is running to Texas or Vegas. I know my next move is going to have to be on the West Coast. I was in the Pacific Northwest for two years in Portland. Washington, possibly but idk the same shyt is going on in every major city across America just at different levels
Gotta move to the south.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I wonder where they are going to ship all of the homeless and mentally ill for the Olympics though
Real shyt I really want to be out of California before that time. I really am just over SoCal. If it wasn’t for my family still being out here, I would keep it pushing on Southern California for real.
Same way I feel about the bay. I don’t get how California brags about being the #7 economy in the world and this is what it has turned into in its 3 biggest metro areas - plus the soaring COL to live amongst this shyt. This is exactly why I say Newsom has no shot as a national candidate, no one wants to be like California right now

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
that's cool but here in america its the opposite corps make these fancy high rises and squeeze every drop of money from the people no matter what...:francis: they are not incentivized to make housing for poor folks...
Well there's one side that's more for the development class than the other one of them is actually a real estate developer gentrifier but that person is seen as a champion for native Black americans.

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
We need fully to fund the mental health system in CA, for people for those with mental/drug issues. Unless you are doing something on that front nothing will change. We still need to help people with getting help if they are homeless because of economic issues, but the violence and erratic behavior is vastly coming from those with mental issues.

At least last year Newsom signed a bill to fund more facilities and importantly to have the ability to force mentally ill people into said facilities. Reagan really fukked up CA (and the country after) with dismantling mental health services and we are still dealing with it.

Last edited:

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
Hence why I made this thread. The biggest contributor IMO are government policies. The left has no concept of economics. I'm not a champion of either side but it's clear that all sense has left politics.
I miss Jerry Brown. His pro business policy was largely responsible for Oakland's huge revitalization in the late 2000s - 2010s.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I miss Jerry Brown. His pro business policy was largely responsible for Oakland's huge revitalization in the late 2000s - 2010s.
fukk this guy, he’s the one who truly ushered in gentrification, displacement, and a bunch of :mjpls: approaches to entertainment and nightlife in Oakland. He started the dismantling of the black community here, now the only blacks left are mainly the hood, our middle class is gone

CouldntBeMeTho

Gul DuCat
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dog Shooting Squad Of Islamabad
We need fully fund the mental health system in CA, for people for those with mental/drug issues. Unless you are doing something on that front nothing will change. We still need to help people with getting help if they are homeless because of economic issues, but the violence and erratic behavior is vastly coming from those with mental issues.

At least last year Newsom signed a bill to fund more facilities and importantly to have the ability to force mentally ill people into said facilities. Reagan really fukked up CA (and the country after) with dismantling mental health services and we are still dealing with it.

Yea a significant percentage of them are seriously mentally ill. Getting the mentally ill into facilities would make a significant dent in the problem