San Antonio Spurs - The 2014 NBA Champions - Official 2013-14 season thread

havoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Live your own life
Do the Spurs have cap space to acquire an all star player like Melo or Love ? Some fresh legs to run the high post would be great for the team.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Do the Spurs have cap space to acquire an all star player like Melo or Love ? Some fresh legs to run the high post would be great for the team.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/san_antonio.htm

After next season they only have Splitter on the books. Leonard's extension or qualifying offer probably will be on the books too. I also think they keep Mills and Diaw.

Still, that's going to be $30+ million to play with.

They're in good shape to re-load, plus they have all those prospects abroad that they've drafted.

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION

We want no parts of Kevin Love...At least I don't....

Melo plays Iso Ball and we are a motion based offense...

Besides we are a small market, so they wouldn't come here anyways..

No real cap space comes until Duncan and Manu retire

havoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Live your own life
We want no parts of Kevin Love...At least I don't....

Melo plays Iso Ball and we are a motion based offense...

Besides we are a small market, so they wouldn't come here anyways..

No real cap space comes until Duncan and Manu retire
Kevin Love will be great for the Spurs. A PnR with him and Tony would be scary. The rebound numbers will get inflated with Kevin presence on the floor. He would give the Spurs already excellence offense additional possession. He maybe isn't a great defender, but he can always learn to become one. If the Spurs win the finals, I hope not, Duncan will likely retire. The power forward position will be vacant. If I was Love, I'll try to make a move to San Antonio..

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION
Kevin Love will be great for the Spurs. A PnR with him and Tony would be scary. The rebound numbers will get inflated with Kevin presence on the floor. He would give the Spurs already excellence offense additional possession. He maybe isn't a great defender, but he can always learn to become one. If the Spurs win the finals, I hope not, Duncan will likely retire. The power forward position will be vacant. If I was Love, I'll try to make a move to San Antonio..

His interior D would have to improve..

He can score tho......

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC

Duncan isn't retiring. He still has gas in the tank and clearly still enjoys playing