Said fukk it and copped a Planet Fitness Membership. Here's my experiences from the first week.

El negrito de tejas

Fukk the govt I got my own Deficit
Daps
Reppin
The country of myself
I just recently moved to houston last tuesday after graduating college and needed to keep my workout routine going. I pretty much moved to houston with no real amount of money so I had to think real cheap as far as gyms go and no contractually commitment.

Man its been a week working out at planet fitness and I can't stand it. Crossing my fingers I get this job after this interview cause I need to get a real workout in and be able to use the same machines I was using when I was back at the campus rec center.

I refuse to use that damn smith machine to do bench or squats.

And don't get me started on these dudes coming into the gym with timbs on to lift weights.

Worst thing I could have done was get a planet fitness membership in the hood.

rogue_riezo

Les Enfants Terribles
Daps
@ThugLife, you went from being :flabbynsick: to being big right?

I went from :flabbynsick: to less :flabbynsick:. I'm afraid that next from here is skinny fat :huhldup:, a look I don't want. What did your starting workout look like? I know I need to reduce cardio and increase lifting.

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
Tried it out a few times cuz it just opened up around the corner. No squat rack at mine either, but they do have bench press.

Dudes in here really be :birdman: at you if you in ANY kind of shape or bulked at all. But the hoes in here are so thirsty. One out by me got alotta fat white bytches that are always giving a nikka dem eyes. I think an in-shape dude who goes here regularly could very easily get p*ssy.

ThugLife

Diehard Jimmy Buckets fan
Daps
Reppin
I bought a Carbon 15 when I was 18
@ThugLife, you went from being :flabbynsick: to being big right?

I went from :flabbynsick: to less :flabbynsick:. I'm afraid that next from here is skinny fat :huhldup:, a look I don't want. What did your starting workout look like? I know I need to reduce cardio and increase lifting.
Well the only reason I went from :flabbynsick: to big because I didn't know anything about dieting when I first started lifting weights. :heh:

And my starting workouts were pretty basic, I didn't really know alot of exercises so I my routines were something like:

Chest/Tris:
3-4 sets of flat bench
3 sets of incline
3 sets dumbell flat bench
3 sets of cable flies
3 sets of rope pulldowns
3 sets of reverse rope pulldowns
4 sets of dumbell skullcrushers

Back/Bis:
4 sets of bent over rows
4 sets of lat pulldowns
3 sets of lat pulldowns underhand
3 sets of standing dumbell curls
3 sets of wide grip barbell curls
3 sets of preacher curls
(I didn't know about deadlifts at the time lol)

Legs/Accessories:
3-4 sets of squats
3-4 sets of leg press
3 sets on the quad extension machine
5 sets of shrugs
3 sets of upright rows
then I might throw some forearm curls in there after if I had energy

Also I kept the rep range at around 6-10. I really emphasized lifting heavy.

Last edited:

King Koopa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 8-4 and fiery moats
:mjlol: I remember years ago when I was looking to join a gym I checked out Planet Fitness. This was before I knew of the reputation they have now. Went to the front desk and asked if I could take a look around. Dude was like "sure :mjpls:". Didn't bother giving me a tour himself, but I figured it would be a waste of his time cuz I could already make out what was in the gym from there. Looked around for like 2 mins and bounced. I don't think they had a squat there either.

:heh: And that "judgement free" atmosphere is hilarious. They don't want people intimidated by others in shape and putting in work. What happens if a fat and out of shape person gets ripped there. They gonna kick him out, too?

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
planet swagless :ahh:

i go twice a week so i dont get arrested for impersonating larry holmes. but yea place is a fukkin joke :mjlol:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I was thinking about joining. I haven't done the gym thing in years. would my wife be able to come in as a guest sometimes if I get the black card memebership?

Scientific Playa

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Championships
I'm in really good cardio shape cuz I run outside and bike a lot. I just need to get some upper body strength poppin.

many in the coli make fun of PF but its a great economical investment for $20 bucks a month which you can use while traveling or around town to see different faces.

last year i traveled and took two family members to the club i visited and they didn't charge me for the extra guest.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
many in the coli make fun of PF but its a great economical investment for $20 bucks a month which you can use while traveling or around town to see different faces.

last year i traveled and took two family members to the club i visited and they didn't charge me for the extra guest.

last time I used the gym, it was at the chicago park district. PF will be a complete upgrade compared to that.

the only thing I'm not liking is that if I get the black card, I have to commit for a year right?

the reason I said PF is cuz there's one like 2 min from me, and another one right by where my kids have all their activities 5 days a week, so its super convenient.