RZA vs Premier IG Live Battle

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
That and RZA playing a record he didn’t even produce and honestly probably not even realizing he didn’t produce it :dead:
And RZA thinking he was dropping unreleased Nas and not realizing it came out on LT2 :dead:
And I could be wrong about this, but I thought RZA believes Nas Is Like was from Illmatic :dead:
RZA shoulda dropped Highly Favored off LT2 if he was gonna play a joint.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
I've been pulling for Sermon vs Quik, personally:hubie:

Sermon is giving someone problems though.
I think it would be a better idea to put Sermon up against someone with a similar sound.
otherwise you’re going to get wildly different takes on the battle.
Sermon vs Hav
Sermon vs Pete Rock
Sermon Vs Q Tip

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Who from the west could go up against Quik?
Dre would be a Suicide mission.
Muggs has too different of a style.
Daz? Battlecat? Ant Banks?

Sunalmighty

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Oakland, Ca
Love how RZA followed up with Long Kiss Goodnight.

Two of my favorite producers ever. What pisses me off is how waay too many of you niccas diss RZA. But he showed y'all how dominant his run was as a producer. Versatile as hell.

Wish he would have played...

State of Grace
Faster Blade
Reunited

And a few others

Preme is a helluva producer

But RZA...........:wow:

noodles

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mann if he dropped Ice Water and started cuttin up the Rae verse goin at Biggie..

These are the levels now..

We need Neptunes involved..

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
My favorite rap song of all time but as a purest in a beat battle, I don’t know if I would play it when someone basically did that beat a full two years prior with different drums.
Memory Lane? :ohhh:
Post the YouTube please.

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
I've been pulling for Sermon vs Quik, personally:hubie:

Sermon is giving someone problems though.

Erick Sermon is arguably Top 5.

The EPMD catalogue alone kills most shyt. So I would be cool with him battling Quik. It has to be somebody that has a serious stash of classics. Erick has been doing it since the 80's, and dude is right up there with anyone if you're going track for track with classics.

Mikeatris

Supreme Mathematik
Daps
Reppin
My City
I had it tied at 10 but did not count the bonus tracks because they should have had them in the main rounds.

Here's the deal, both are in my GOATs and I have them in my top 5 easy, but Rza's beats and production still sound fresh to this day while some of Premo beats sound dated. Don't get me wrong he got flames and should have brought them out yesterday, but Premo is a beatmaker and Rza is a producer so there is going to be a difference. Everything from the kung-fu samples to the sped up chipmunk sound last night sounded fresh and still innovative. Premo's beats were just a great NY sound if I make any sense. Rza was more consistent and if he would had picked the right beats regardless what Premo would have used it would have been a wash.

I enjoyed it very well and I thought they both did their thing, the only thing I thought was mind boggling was Come Clean losing to Brooklyn Zoo (Even though Rza co-produced it). Come Clean should not have lost at all