Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
hey bro no hate but I think that is wishful thinking. Russias GDP is growing, their currency is getting stronger, they’re making record amount in oil and gas sales, and they just forced all the defenders in Mariupol to fall back. Even Mainstream media is starting to admit that they’re making better progress.

I’m not on either side but I don’t see Ukraine lasting long. They’ve been numerous videos on social media showing Ukrainian soldiers complaining about lack of supplies and heavy weapons from the government. I don’t see this ending well for Ukraine, because the longer the Russians stay, the harder it’ll be to dislodge them

Russia's economy was shyt before the war and is way worse now. they can't even put airbags in cars anymore.

Sanctions Send Russia’s Car Industry Back to the 80s, New Cars Now Without Airbags and ABS

you were saying something about their economy getting stronger?
Russians can't even get sugar, breh...

Trending news: More than half of Russians face food shortages - The Moscow Times - Hindustan News Hub

and do you really believe that Ukraine is short on weapons right now?
the biggest problem they have is distributing everything coming in from the West.
give it time, son...yes, time. because that is what Ukraine has and Russia does not.

every minute that goes by, Russia is weaker and Ukraine is strengthened in very real and tangible ways.
take your hoe babble elsewhere and stop wasting internet.

Last edited:

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
skrong Russian economy indeed.
just give it time, how long can the ruble be artificially floated before the veil is pulled off?
one industry after another is going to fail.
their car industry is already shytting the bed and i predict that the airlines will shyt the bed shortly.
they can't replace parts on commercial airlines so what the fukk do you think is gonna happen.
gonna be raining Ivans.

bnew

Veteran
Daps

4rjg7UX.jpeg

PewPew

I came from nothing
Daps
Reppin
Earth

My sincerest apologies, i confused it with the article regarding their oil revenue being up by 50 percent. Here's the link. Let me know if youd like an alternative source:

Russia Oil Revenue Up 50% This Year Despite Boycott, IEA Says

Why the Russian ruble just hit a 2-month high

Ruble hits 2-year high against the dollar as Russia tries to avoid default - CNN

Russian ruble makes large gains in spite of sanctions: are they working?

So i was right regarding the oil revenue and the Ruble rising, but I concede that i was wrong regarding the GDP.

PewPew

I came from nothing
Daps
Reppin
Earth
where are you reading this fan fiction?

I addressed my GDP point being wrong in my previous reply, here is my response to you regarding the "fan fiction" of the Ukrainian soldiers surrendering en masse and LOSING the battle of Mariupol like I said:

Mariupol defenders surrender to Russia but their fate is uncertain

Russia says 900 Ukrainian troops sent to prison colony from Mariupol

Ukrainian Holdouts in Mariupol Surrender to an Uncertain Fate

Here is a video of them surrendering:

Here is a video of Ukrainian soldiers complaining about lack of supplies and reinforcements:

My apologies for not embedding these for you, I had to turn off rich text editor in order to reply

PewPew

I came from nothing
Daps
Reppin
Earth
Hey Orbital Fetus, I saw your neg, thank you. Im not that invested in the Coli so your negs dont bother me. The point I was trying to make is that Ukraine WILL NOT retake all that land you said by October. Russia has fallen back on their major strengths, which is artillery. They've been pounding Ukrainian positions around the clock. Im a military combat nerd so Im following these developments very closely. In fact, I am in several Ukrainian and Russian telegram channels so by the time yall get the news, its old to me.

Russia’s military progress slows, but it makes gains in the south and east.

Hate it or love it, theyre making progress. And the longer they dig in, the harder it will be to dislodge them. You can call it "Putin Babble" like you did in your neg to me, I call it reality. That's not to say that Ukraine isn't making progress, I just highly doubt that they will retake all their land by October

The city of Severodonetsk is the next major battle. It is surrounded on three sides and the president of Ukraine is pushing them to hold it "at all costs." You'll be hearing about it on CNN soon :smile:

Epicentre of war: Artillery battles engulf Ukraine's Severodonetsk

Ukraine: Russian Forces Close In On Severodonetsk

Russia prepares for Severodonetsk battle as Ukraine lines up counteroffensive near Izyum

Russia shells frontline positions as fighting focuses on Donbas city

PewPew

I came from nothing
Daps
Reppin
Earth
One last thing. If you think Russia is just going to fold and go home, I would say look at Syria. When the Syrian civil war started, everyone claimed that Assad and his forces would fold even with Russian help.

Since then they’ve taken back the majority of the country. And that was while NATO and their Allies were supporting and funding all the “moderate” head choppers

In Ukraine, they have the full support of NATO and all their Allies too. They’ve been given weapons, BILLIONS in funding, combat advisors, intelligence, and they’re still losing battles. They had 8 years to fortify Mariupol and they just lost it.

Yes I know this goes against what mainstream media tells you, but Russia is pretty decent at war. And they’re exceptionally good at artillery and counter artillery. They’re not going to be easy to dislodge from the country, especially not in four months

That’s all I’m saying

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
One last thing. If you think Russia is just going to fold and go home, I would say look at Syria. When the Syrian civil war started, everyone claimed that Assad and his forces would fold even with Russian help.

Since then they’ve taken back the majority of the country. And that was while NATO and their Allies were supporting and funding all the “moderate” head choppers

if by "taken back" you mean "leveled" then i agree with you.
they took Mariupol the same way, by flattening it. whoohoo!

now Assad rules over rubble, is that really a win that Russia can hang it's hat on?
'ole i had to burn the village to save it type shyt.

and i stand by my prediction.
Ukraine takes Crimea by Oct.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
and i don't think Russia is gonna collapse, rather it will violently implode in unpredictable ways on a scale never before seen.
you heard it here first.

PewPew

I came from nothing
Daps
Reppin
Earth
if by "taken back" you mean "leveled" then i agree with you.
they took Mariupol the same way, by flattening it. whoohoo!

now Assad rules over rubble, is that really a win that Russia can hang it's hat on?
'ole i had to burn the village to save it type shyt.

and i stand by my prediction.
Ukraine takes Crimea by Oct.

Brother, I hear you. But the thing is, they are not making anymore land. Assad is already reforming diplomatic ties with Qatar and other wealthy arab nations. You can rebuild from the rubble, but you cant buy or make more land. It is better to hold the land than have nothing to rebuild on at all.

The Russians will rebuild Mariupol the same way they rebuilt Chechnya. I turned off rich editor so i cant embed but google what Chechnya looks like now versus when the Russians took it over.

Also, it's worth mentioning, the united states "leveled" Iraq and rebuilt it. We leveled Japan with TWO nuclear bombs, and look at that country now. Hell, look at Germany during WW2. Look at Vietnam after we bombed them to rubble with Napalm. What Russia is doing isn't new, and it's the way wars will be fought moving forward. If the defenders entrench in Urban areas, you either go door to door clearing the whole city and risk heavy causalities, or bomb them all to the ground. Like America did in Fallujah

I hear your predication loud and clear brother. Let's see how everything plays out

Last edited:

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
the examples you give are all valid but not all equal.
Russia's invasion was one of aggression, therefore all actions taken on their behalf are immoral and internationally recognized as illegal.
as for Germany and Japan, come on man...they started war with us. don't start none, won't be none.
Vietnam...Americans should have been brought up on war crimes at the highest levels of the U.S. govn.
as for Falluja, that falls under the umbrella of the U.S.'s Iraq invasion which is universally viewed as an illegal invasion.
Bush should be in prison just like Putin.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Brother, I hear you. But the thing is, they are not making anymore land. Assad is already reforming diplomatic ties with Qatar and other wealthy arab nations. You can rebuild from the rubble, but you cant buy or make more land. It is better to hold the land than have nothing to rebuild on at all.

The Russians will rebuild Mariupol the same way they rebuilt Chechnya. I turned off rich editor so i cant embed but google what Chechnya looks like now versus when the Russians took it over.

Also, it's worth mentioning, the united states "leveled" Iraq and rebuilt it. We leveled Japan with TWO nuclear bombs, and look at that country now. Hell, look at Germany during WW2. Look at Vietnam after we bombed them to rubble with Napalm. What Russia is doing isn't new, and it's the way wars will be fought moving forward. If the defenders entrench in Urban areas, you either go door to door clearing the whole city and risk heavy causalities, or bomb them all to the ground. Like America did in Fallujah

I hear your predication loud and clear brother. Let's see how everything plays out
We leveled Iraq and Japan cities and rebuilt them with our Allies help.

Russia is leveling this cities without the money to rebuild and severing the economic ties with Allies. All these modern ships and ports require more advanced tech that is sourced parts from several places. Plus you need people in homes willing to live and work.

The more countries turn to other non Russia states for gas/oil, the people like China and India will have Russia over a barrel to set prices that would make it economically disastrous to sell.

Last edited: