Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
feel free to counter what i said, that's why we are here right?
break it down for me.

Well for one, Ukraine was part of the Soviet Union and 1/2 the population are Russian speakers. Why do you think Crimea was annexed with ease.

For 2 there's the Cuban Missile Crisis. The U.S. put nukes in Turkey so Russia put nukes in Cuba. If Ukraine joined NATO, the U.S. could build bases and put nukes at the border of Russia. It would be like Iran & North Korea applying to join CARRICOM. It don't matter if they never step foot in the Caribbean, but they would still be able to put military bases and thousands of troops/weapons in Jamaica an other surrounding nations. The US would perceive it as a threat and would try to devastate those countries economically. The US already does this in Latin America by way of covertly destabilizing governments that don't fit their ideology.

Why do you think Cuba is still under an embargo?

At the end of the day Ukraine wouldn't entertain joining NATO if they didn't have back channel blessings. Russia has tried to destabilize them economically, and they simply skipped the slow roll and went all in. HAD the US and other countries not supplied them with weapons and intel, this war would be over. Ukraine may not join NATO, but Russia will be weakened, so it's a win win for the US and Europe. Which is why some countries don't align with the West.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
Well for one, Ukraine was part of the Soviet Union and 1/2 the population are Russian speakers. Why do you think Crimea was annexed with ease.

For 2 there's the Cuban Missile Crisis. The U.S. put nukes in Turkey so Russia put nukes in Cuba. If Ukraine joined NATO, the U.S. could build bases and put nukes at the border of Russia. It would be like Iran & North Korea applying to join CARRICOM. It don't matter if they never step foot in the Caribbean, but they would still be able to put military bases and thousands of troops/weapons in Jamaica an other surrounding nations. The US would perceive it as a threat and would try to devastate those countries economically. The US already does this in Latin America by way of covertly destabilizing governments that don't fit their ideology.

At the end of the day Ukraine wouldn't entertain joining NATO if they didn't have back channel blessings. Russia has tried to destabilize them economically, and they simply skipped the slow roll and went all in. HAD the US and other countries not supplied them with weapons and intel, this war would be over. Ukraine may not join NATO, but Russia will be weakened, so it's a win win for the US and Europe. Which is why some countries don't align with the West.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm starting to think this is the US and NATO's fault.

They basically provoked Russia by pushing for countries bordering Russia to join NATO even though it was unofficially agreed that would never happen. Instead of trying to end this peacefully, they've been supplying Ukraine with weapons. This is basically a proxy war between Russia and NATO allies with Ukraine being used as a pawn. The US obviously don't care about Ukraine as a country.
Whaaaa?

Kendom

Pro
Daps

Ukrainians didn't entertain joining NATO until Russia began invading its territory

"According to polls conducted between 2005 and 2013, Ukrainian public support of NATO membership remained low.[13][14][15][16][17][18][19] However, since the Russo-Ukrainian War and Annexation of Crimea, public support for Ukrainian membership in NATO has risen greatly. Since June 2014, polls showed that about 50% of those asked supported Ukrainian NATO membership.[20][21][22][23] Some 69% of Ukrainians want to join NATO, according to a June 2017 poll by the Democratic Initiatives Foundation, compared to 28% support in 2012 when Yanukovych was in power.[24"

If anyone is to blame for Ukraine looking to join NATO it's the country that pushed them there.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
October.

i've said it before and i'll say it again:

Ukraine retakes Crimea and pushes it's South Eastern border further East into Russian territory.

Russia as it exists today will no longer be.
gonna get clapped up and broken up into smaller nations.

quote me.

Teal.

Solo Dolo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Notfit,GA
October.

Ukraine retakes Crimea and pushes it's South Eastern border further East into Russian territory.

quote me.

got my reminder set:dj2:

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
I'm starting to think this is the US and NATO's fault.

They basically provoked Russia by pushing for countries bordering Russia to join NATO even though it was unofficially agreed that would never happen. Instead of trying to end this peacefully, they've been supplying Ukraine with weapons. This is basically a proxy war between Russia and NATO allies with Ukraine being used as a pawn. The US obviously don't care about Ukraine as a country.
from this post, you probably dont know what you're talking about. He was going to try this regardless, that NATO shyt (i should say blaming it on nato and Nazism) is an attempt for him to save face in the international community.

PewPew

I came from nothing
Daps
Reppin
Earth
October.

quote me.

hey bro no hate but I think that is wishful thinking. Russias GDP is growing, their currency is getting stronger, they’re making record amount in oil and gas sales, and they just forced all the defenders in Mariupol to fall back. Even Mainstream media is starting to admit that they’re making better progress.

I’m not on either side but I don’t see Ukraine lasting long. They’ve been numerous videos on social media showing Ukrainian soldiers complaining about lack of supplies and heavy weapons from the government. I don’t see this ending well for Ukraine, because the longer the Russians stay, the harder it’ll be to dislodge them