Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
kjw9ngebfru81.png
:banderas:

That's a boss move right there

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
for the most part, MIC fearmongering on russians ended long ago. they took the stigma off russia/soviet union and just transferred it to communists in general, which is why so many republicans are sorta friendly with modern russia but not cuba.

the war on terror took over and china is now becoming "scary", so russian failure wont really do anything to our defense budgets.

Daps
I think a lot of Americans and Western society are used to the barbaric strategy that US and NATO typically use. That strategy is to bomb and blow up everything in sight and then go in to mop up the mess you’ve made later.

By no means do I give a fukk about this conflict, but clearly that isn’t Russia’s strategy. If they wanted to level Kyiv with no regard to human life (what NATO and the US would likely do), they could’ve done it in the first week. Especially with Zelensky and his army of Nazis using citizens as shields.

Why blow up a perfectly good city/nation that you plan on annexing and claiming for yourself? You want those surviving citizens to hate you even more and have to rebuild all of the infrastructure?

As far as all of that other shyt… I don’t trust anything that the West propagates about conflicts. Same with Russia. I look at all sides with a grain of salt and confirm the actual truth.

No disrespect to the breh @TallMan_J cause that's my guy but I had no idea that in late April, folks are still running with the narrative that "Russia could have taken Ukraine if they really wanted to".

Lol. Bro come on out of that unhealthy TLR echo chamber into a more enlightened setting where facts are actually being discussed.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
No disrespect to the breh @TallMan_J cause that's my guy but I had no idea that in late April, folks are still running with the narrative that "Russia could have taken Ukraine if they really wanted to".

Lol. Bro come on out of that unhealthy TLR echo chamber into a more enlightened setting where facts are actually being discussed.

You:
giphy.gif

Him: :whoa:

Foxmulder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Long Island,NY

That posted you quoted was one of the dumbest things I’ve ever heard on the coli.:dead: Breh said the Russians have regard for human life:mjlol:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu

Yeah, that's a bad take you quoted. I agree.

Also, it's a bit of a side issue, but I don't love the logic where people are starting to just disregard all news sources to make up their own minds instead. It's getting really fashionable to say "I don't trust source A or source B, so I just make up my own mind".

A lot of people that do this just watch youtube videos or look at really terrible news sources.

There's a huge problem with journalism and the media right now, but my intuition is that everyone just choosing what to believe based on their own preconceptions and/or bad news sourcesI is not a good way to go.

Daps
Yeah, that's a bad take you quoted. I agree.

Also, it's a bit of a side issue, but I don't love the logic where people are starting to just disregard all news sources to make up their own minds instead. It's getting really fashionable to say "I don't trust source A or source B, so I just make up my own mind".

A lot of people that do this just watch youtube videos or look at really terrible news sources.

There's a huge problem with journalism and the media right now, but my intuition is that everyone just choosing what to believe based on their own preconceptions and/or bad news sourcesI is not a good way to go.

What really gets me is the fact that at the end of his post, the good breh @TallMan_J says that he is unbiased and taking all reports with a grain of salt. He truly believes that he isn't biased when it's obvious from his post that he's pro-Russia. He even called the Ukrainians "nazis" (which is the Russians talking points) while declaring his neutrality on the issue. :mjlol:

What i think happens is that a lot of us (black ppl) get caught up because we have very real grievances with America. So most times, whatever America is for, we think we should be against it, not realizing that if Russia were to get their wish and have a defeated west, a defeated US, that the lives of black people under Russian rule would be a hundred times worse than our lives under the US.

Baka's Weird Case

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset
I've never once considered that Russia is bordered by a sea to the north.

I wonder if that's a geopolitical boon for their country or is it useless since it's so far north and so cold?

:jbhmm:
they use the sea lane for shipping but they cant do a lot of it because its frozen over so much of the time. you need ships with icebreakers to get through it. because of climate change though they might be able to use it more

russia is going to have to do more and more of its drilling in its arctic territory as well because most of their easy stuff has been gotten to. that requires a lot of advanced technology that they have to import from the west right now so the sanctions really threaten that.