Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Carl Tethers

@mastermind is OVO
Supporter
Daps
I’ve been waiting to see that thing for the longest. The year I got out we would look at pictures of the T-90’s wondering if we could kill them in one shot. When concepts for the T-14 came out we were legit worried about the specs and all the features they were boasting about. Now they only have a handful that they can’t really send anywhere and I’m betting they’re just as easy to kill as the T-90A’s lol.

Had the Army scrambling upgrade the Abrams over and over, and equip everything with better TOW’s and better auto-cannons. It’s not looking like their active defenses mean what active defense means to us.

I'd rep this if I could. Heard rumours they sent just one out in Syria and it got fukked up immediately, so they don't want the embarrassment again:francis:

Tanks looking funny here. Folk keep developing those artillery drones and warfare gonna be unrecognisable :wow:

Carl Tethers

@mastermind is OVO
Supporter
Daps
russia showing their ass made me realize what their role is to our military and media: "you want to hype your shyt that might not even be functional? alright that's useful to us ... hey we need more money to counter this bad ass shyt from russia, we're falling behind."

Truth. The R&D teams at the Western defense contractors gotta be :francis: that the curtain has been pulled back

Superstar
Daps
russia showing their ass made me realize what their role is to our military and media: "you want to hype your shyt that might not even be functional? alright that's useful to us ... hey we need more money to counter this bad ass shyt from russia, we're falling behind."

That’s essentially what happened around After 2008. DOD was so focused on improving survivability (The Army and Marines were essentially racing back and forth trying to meet with imam’s and neighborhood leaders to provide services while simultaneously being caught in the middle of a raging multiple year long sectarian war, while simultaneously hunting AQI, IS, etc.) that they panicked at the loss of development towards future warfare.

Around Obama’s second term things kind of turned around towards coming back to peer-near peer war development. A US Armor or Mechanized Battalion vs the Russian equivalent would look like desert storm smh. They’ve been upgrading that thing since the 80’s and the platform can still accept the latest upgrades. Russian tanks still don’t even have blowout panels, that’s why their turrets always end up in the Ukrainian space program. They probably haven’t considered Double V-hulls for potential IED encounters either.

They also seem to require a separate dedicated vehicle to provide jamming and other electronic warfare bullshyt. Most of our vehicles can jam individually, or cover other vehicles in a bubble with the Duke system.

Baka's Weird Case

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset
these fools in TLR...i can't.

where do these weirdos come from? :why:

map-russia-19813357.jpg