Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Zelensky told all civilians to take up arms. A civilian that's armed is no longer a civilian, they are enemy combatants. Even if they appear unarmed, how does the Russian soldier truly know what they are going to do?

You really are a first class piece of shyt my man. Like really.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
You really are a first class piece of shyt my man. Like really.
I don't know if this comment has some other history attached to it but in his defense on the quoted - arming non-military combatants is a form of psychological warfare in modern urban war. As the conflict lingers on, along with more continued engagements with these armed non-military combatants, even well meaning people will pivot to a shoot first ask questions later posture.

There is a fine line in moral judgement during warfare.

Sukairain

Shahenshah
Daps
Reppin
Straiya

hopefully india considered the dead mothers and children of ukraine in their decision making process

I don't see why there should be. It's not as though if India votes against Russia, they're going to give up :mjlol: they don't care if the whole world votes against them at this point.

Maybe the west should have thought about this for the last, I don't know, 165 years. When the revolt against the British broke out in 1857 the only person in the whole western world to speak in India's favour was Marx. When independence was finally won 90 years later, the only friend India had was the USSR, the most Marx-friendly state in the world at that time.

165 years is a long time to be ignored, and 75 years is a long time to be fighting enemies with no western support whatsoever. Suddenly the west needs India's support for something, and it just condescends to India like it always has done, like that support is a given and that as soon as a favour is called in, India will rush to answer it like a lap dog.

Well we aren't in the era of "India offering its riches to Britannia" anymore. This does not happen anymore.

the_EAST565_r7frWbu.width-800.jpg

If the west wants India's support it will have to pay through the nose for it. I won't go so far as to claim for reparations to be paid. That's too steep a price for just a UN vote and a couple of public statements. I'm not an unreasonable man, I won't ask too steep a price. We'll save reparations for later, for when actual military aid is requested.

But for this Russia business, a price will have to be paid regardless. I'd start the bidding process off at full replacement of every single piece of Russian manufactured equipment and weaponry currently in the armoury of the Indian military and law enforcement. Free of charge. If the west is prepared to pay that much, I would think it's a fair deal to denounce Russia in exchange for it.

Until then though, the west can kick rocks :camby: Where was the west when Pakistan invaded Jammu & Kashmir? When China invaded Arunachal Pradesh? When Pakistan initiated the Bengali genocide? When Portugal refused to leave Goa? In every conflict since at least 1750, India has had to stand up for itself and by itself. The closest it received to any western support was a few cheap words of encouragement from Napoleon in the 1790s during the Anglo-Mysore wars. Other than that, nothing.

India owes the west no support. Support must be bought, and not demanded. It will not be just given for free like it's the morally right thing to do.

Superstar
Daps
I don't see why there should be. It's not as though if India votes against Russia, they're going to give up :mjlol: they don't care if the whole world votes against them at this point.

Maybe the west should have thought about this for the last, I don't know, 165 years. When the revolt against the British broke out in 1857 the only person in the whole western world to speak in India's favour was Marx. When independence was finally won 90 years later, the only friend India had was the USSR, the most Marx-friendly state in the world at that time.

165 years is a long time to be ignored, and 75 years is a long time to be fighting enemies with no western support whatsoever. Suddenly the west needs India's support for something, and it just condescends to India like it always has done, like that support is a given and that as soon as a favour is called in, India will rush to answer it like a lap dog.

Well we aren't in the era of "India offering its riches to Britannia" anymore. This does not happen anymore.

the_EAST565_r7frWbu.width-800.jpg

If the west wants India's support it will have to pay through the nose for it. I won't go so far as to claim for reparations to be paid. That's too steep a price for just a UN vote and a couple of public statements. I'm not an unreasonable man, I won't ask too steep a price. We'll save reparations for later, for when actual military aid is requested.

But for this Russia business, a price will have to be paid regardless. I'd start the bidding process off at full replacement of every single piece of Russian manufactured equipment and weaponry currently in the armoury of the Indian military and law enforcement. Free of charge. If the west is prepared to pay that much, I would think it's a fair deal to denounce Russia in exchange for it.

Until then though, the west can kick rocks :camby: Where was the west when Pakistan invaded Jammu & Kashmir? When China invaded Arunachal Pradesh? When Pakistan initiated the Bengali genocide? When Portugal refused to leave Goa? In every conflict since at least 1750, India has had to stand up for itself and by itself. The closest it received to any western support was a few cheap words of encouragement from Napoleon in the 1790s during the Anglo-Mysore wars. Other than that, nothing.

India owes the west no support. Support must be bought, and not demanded. It will not be just given for free like it's the morally right thing to do.

:manny:
They would gang-rape an egg white omelette if it fell off your plate in a Resturant, and they go too gotdamn hard on the curry seasoning. The fukk was everybody else supposed to do?

Superstar
Daps
And don’t get me wrong @Sukairain I caped for them when they were scrapping with China on some “streets of rage 2” shyt in the mountains, and I love the Indo-Pak border guard ceremonies but they haven’t been the easiest to get along with. That’s even for places that were colonized and marginalized just like they were.