Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal

hey man that poor innocent russian conscript thought he was participating in a drill and then found himself surrounded by nazis so he had to get a little sloppy toppy to take the edge off. either that or it's fake news and this nazi whore is lying on this saintly boy to try and sully the great vladimir putin's name.

Carl Tethers

@mastermind is OVO
Supporter
Daps
hey man that poor innocent russian conscript thought he was participating in a drill and then found himself surrounded by nazis so he had to get a little sloppy toppy to take the edge off. either that or it's fake news and this nazi whore is lying on this saintly boy to try and sully the great vladimir putin's name.

Absolute wastemen. I'm sure the only reason the evidence of war crimes in Bucha is even coming out now is because their asses got kicked back to the border before they could cover it up :scust:

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
i'm trying to imagine any city i've been to completely destroyed.
it's hard to wrap your head around it. imagining Albany, Buffalo, Ithaca or Rochester just bombed the fukk out.
i'm not even gonna throw NYC in that list.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I think the Russian people are willfully ignorant. You can’t be that stupid to believe the shyt coming from the Russian government.:dead:
Plenty don't but Russia is an autocracy and some stuff cannot be stated publicly

And those who really believe the government lies are the same type of people that would believe Trump lies in the US for example. Every country has this core of people that side with its leaders because of power, convenience or nationalism.

It's easy to brainwash yourself by watching the state TV or the same social media accounts. I was watching this doc about russian minorities in baltic states and they often believed Russia above their own government because they were watching Russian state TV only.

The real crazy shyt are the non-Russians who believe Russian propaganda. They're flabbergasting, appears heavily correlated with or even directly related to being anti-vaxxers. Their basic logical process seems to be:

1. Western media lied to us about Covid
2. Thus Western media might be lying about anything
3. Thus anyone saying the opposite of Western media is likely telling the truth

There's literally no way to break that logical progression. They've a priori assumed that all media, governments, and scientists who tell them anything they don't want to hear are untrustworthy, without literally dropping them into Ukraine to see it for themselves there's no plausible inroads to break their delusion.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
If the west wants India's support it will have to pay through the nose for it. I won't go so far as to claim for reparations to be paid. That's too steep a price for just a UN vote and a couple of public statements. I'm not an unreasonable man, I won't ask too steep a price. We'll save reparations for later, for when actual military aid is requested.

I know you know this already, but for the benefit of the audience, reparations to India would be absolutely wild figures. One number I've seen often is $45 trillion and that's just resources taken, not even including repayment for the human cost. They were straight sucking dry a huge-ass nation as much as they could for nearly 200 years. UK would basically have to transfer 1/3 of its GDP to India for 50 years to pay it back.