Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
Ukraine probably looking at Italy like :mjlol:

"Oh.. Thanks for the pledge to help if we get invaded again.. I guess :unimpressed:
"

Ukraine legit is the number 2 army in Europe lol fukking goofy Italians probably couldnt beat Serbia in a war TODAY :dead: they were legit scared of Gaddafis Libya. I know the Romans looking down like "these are our grandchildren :scusthov:"

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
Ukraine legit is the number 2 army in Europe lol fukking goofy Italians probably couldnt beat Serbia in a war TODAY :dead: they were legit scared of Gaddafis Libya. I know the Romans looking down like "these are our grandchildren :scusthov:"
Italy been a joke since Musso.

Mussolini being an inept leader and the Greeks holding strong against Italy fukked up Hitlers invasion of Russia as Hitler had to send troops to help Italy:mjlol:

"
It was to “pay back Hitler in his own coin,” as Mussolini openly admitted, that he decided to attack Greece through Albania in 1940 without informing the Germans. The result was an extensive and ignominious defeat
and the Germans were forced unwillingly to extricate him from its consequences
. The 1941 campaign to support the German invasion of the Soviet Union also failed disastrously and condemned thousands of ill-equipped Italian troops to a nightmarish winter retreat. Hitler had to come to his ally’s help once again in North Africa. After the Italian surrender in North Africa in 1943,

Carl Tethers

@mastermind is OVO
Supporter
Daps
Italy been a joke since Musso.

Mussolini being an inept leader and the Greeks holding strong against Italy fukked up Hitlers invasion of Russia as Hitler had to send troops to help Italy:mjlol:

"
It was to “pay back Hitler in his own coin,” as Mussolini openly admitted, that he decided to attack Greece through Albania in 1940 without informing the Germans. The result was an extensive and ignominious defeat
and the Germans were forced unwillingly to extricate him from its consequences
. The 1941 campaign to support the German invasion of the Soviet Union also failed disastrously and condemned thousands of ill-equipped Italian troops to a nightmarish winter retreat. Hitler had to come to his ally’s help once again in North Africa. After the Italian surrender in North Africa in 1943,

Mussolini was the original Trump and Boris Johnson. A useless leader :scust:

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps

1. Ukraine war latest: Ukraine says it has retaken entire Kyiv region - BBC News
  2. Ukrainian forces have retaken the entire region around Kyiv, the deputy defence minister says, as Russian forces withdraw from key towns
  3. Russian troops have abandoned Hostomel airport near the capital, leaving behind the wreckage of the world's largest aircraft
  4. But as Moscow's forces retreat, evidence of civilian killings is mounting
Ukrainian officials say the country's forces have recaptured the whole region around Kyiv. It follows fierce fighting in several towns and villages around the capital in recent weeks.

Russia has depicted its drawdown of forces near Kyiv as a goodwill gesture in peace negotiations but Western analysts say its offensives had stalled anyway.

Here are some of the key areas you might be hearing about:

Irpin

Authorities say at least 200 civilians have been killed in Irpin, a short drive north-west of Kyiv, since Russia invaded Ukraine in late February.

Most of the 70,000 people who used to live in this middle class commuter city fled over the past month - darting out of basements and running the gauntlet of relentless Russian shelling

KnowledgeDropper

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Manhattan
1) Moral of the story - if Russians are gonna occupy your city, either join the local army and fight or flee. No upside in sticking around as a civilian. Proven over 100 years

2) I think Russia will be dealt with more tactical defeats and will escalate with direct attacks on NATO interests. Biden needs to prepare

gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA
Essentially an advocate or sponsor that ensures a country stays neutral and doesn't interfere in international conflicts either through direct war or aid by supply of bases or equipment. The other side of that is that they stand with that country if their neutrality is violated.

I wonder how that will play out with Italy being a NATO member :jbhmm:

"Stay out of other folks' business, but if anyone fukks w you, me and NATO coming to help" - Italy :skip:

Lol maybe I'm missing something

Carl Tethers

@mastermind is OVO
Supporter
Daps

"Stay out of other folks' business, but if anyone fukks w you, me and NATO coming to help" - Italy :skip:

Italy are buddy-buddy with Russia too. They've been cutting deals since the 60s :francis:

Baka's Weird Case

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset

in that case i dont think NATO has to get involved unless someone directly attacks italy and triggers article v.