Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Carl Tethers

@mastermind is OVO
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol:
Must have been a new shytty youtube video released over the weekend.

:russ:
Russia has had a massive over representation in American media since before the days of Ivan Drago. They were always shown to be tough guys, formidable foes, physically superior with master minds.

I predict that from 2022 out, they're gonna be portrayed as jobbers.

They'll all be Boris and Natasha comedy status :mjlol: They should just remake The Americans but have the spies just be inept as fukk

Last edited:

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
all autocrats eventually die in office or in exile.
what makes Putin any different than those who came before him all around the world?
does he have some special sauce the others didn't?
the world won't end if Putin is ousted from power.
it can end if he is ousted by a NATO member, which is why they are trying to walkback biden's comments. putin needs to be ousted by internal actions only

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
ok i'll play, how are ukraine's hands DIRTY in this situation? you know the getting invaded and having your country destroyed by your hyperaggressive neighbor situation.
"Hyperagressive".

War in Donbas - Wikipedia

Euromaidan - Wikipedia

Azov Battalion - Wikipedia

Zelensky is a "right winger".

In America this dude would just be Tucker Carlson/Rush Limbaugh but now you have "Liberals"
co-signing a dude who does casual jokes about how Mein Kampf is sold out where he's from.

There's been a right wing streak in Ukraine, various right wing groups have risen to power or gained
popular support and waged wars along Ukraines border. These same groups vying for power have now
(with the help of the west) installed a center-right/right wing politician who is colluding with America and asking the west for more support.

America being who they are doesn't see this as making Taliban 2.0 but is instead looking at the Geopolitical implications
of having a front door to Russia.

Putin responded in kind.

There's a lot of moving parts here that are more than "hurr durr Russia Bad ! Ukraine Good!!!".

"Whataboutism" is a tactic to kill any dissent and stifle conversation.

Word to Citations Needed:

All you can do is laugh at this point tbh.
:pachaha:

yeah and he's right. :yeshrug:
:salute: @ John Mearsheimer

For reference for anyone reading this thread:

Why John Mearsheimer Blames the U.S. for the Crisis in Ukraine | The New Yorker

That's literally what we've been talking about since this sparked off.
The possibility of a very short WW3 due to America using NATO as proxy for expanding their influence.

John Mearsheimer and the dark origins of realism - New Statesman
Russia isn’t willing to accept NATO expansion - The Washington Post

I never said it was a difficult moral position.
This is a fabrication concocted in your minds because I disagree with Ukraine having clean hands in this situation.

As for Zelensky and the party he's in and their LGBTQ track record:
LGBTQ rights in Ukraine and the false dawn of Zelenskyy - Atlantic Council

Ukraine: The liberal honeymoon for LGBTQ is over. (qua.community)

:salute:
One click away and yet y'all don't even bother to casually look into it.

You’re right

It should be Big Balls Brandon :smugbiden:
Oh because I'm like a right winger somehow right ?
"Let's go brandon !!!" you got me !!! :smh:

Utterly disappointed at the level of discourse happening in "Higher Learning".

I wasn't initially.
I actually tried to have a conversation, presenting additional information showing that
Putin shouldn't just be called a pointless aggressor or engaging in reanimating the Russophobia
corpse.

Instead anything critical of Ukraine, their politics and their political aims has been turned into
"You must like Trump/Putin/Secret Right Wing-er" etc.

The thread was already pretty shyt, I just added to the pile.
:yeshrug:

I know y'all don't give a flying fukk about actually looking into the situation so I'm just posting this info
for whoever has the time to actually read about what's going on.

Like someone in here just fukking said Zelensky is a "Good guy" and LGBTQ is "treated well" and with
a SIMPLE GOOGLE SEARCH that is DEBUNKED.
:pachaha:

Also once again, my criticism of the political climate in Ukraine DOES NOT Validate RUSSIA OR THEIR AGGRESSION.

Didn't I just say stop it with this comic book logic ? :pachaha:

• Dap
Reactions: ill

Arianne Martell

"Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken"
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
House Martell #SnakeGang #Targset
For whatever is worth….a reporter asked zelenskyy’s speech writer if he is more like Churchill…his speech writer said no he identified with Ronald Reagan and in his speeches he uses a lot of Reagan’s quotes :yeshrug:

I’ll try to find the interview and post it.

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
"Hyperagressive".

War in Donbas - Wikipedia

Euromaidan - Wikipedia

Azov Battalion - Wikipedia

Zelensky is a "right winger".

In America this dude would just be Tucker Carlson/Rush Limbaugh but now you have "Liberals"
co-signing a dude who does casual jokes about how Mein Kampf is sold out where he's from.

There's been a right wing streak in Ukraine, various right wing groups have risen to power or gained
popular support and waged wars along Ukraines border. These same groups vying for power have now
(with the help of the west) installed a center-right/right wing politician who is colluding with America and asking the west for more support.

America being who they are doesn't see this as making Taliban 2.0 but is instead looking at the Geopolitical implications
of having a front door to Russia.

Putin responded in kind.

There's a lot of moving parts here that are more than "hurr durr Russia Bad ! Ukraine Good!!!".
so what if he's a right winger or center right or goes to sleep to the sounds of reagan speeches? that means his country should be invaded by another right winger sociopath? that's good to know. stand on whatever little principles you think you have.

and since you're obviously not that bright, those links aren't of ukraine invading russia.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
so what if he's a right winger or center right or goes to sleep to the sounds of reagan speeches? that means his country should be invaded by another right winger sociopath? that's good to know. stand on whatever little principles you think you have.

and since you're obviously not that bright, those links aren't of ukraine invading russia.
You didn't read a single thing I posted.

All of those links are about the past decade and what's taken place in Ukraine leading
up to this moment. There's more to it but essentially they're economically depressed, it's
caused an uptick in right wing nationalism and Zelensky is one of those figures who is ONLY
in power because he's there to placate and further the goals of more extreme individuals.

He hasn't done much to curb anti-LGBTQ sentiment, rampant racism, a great deal of hate crimes,
and attempts at ethnic cleansing along the border of Ukraine. Not to mention dealing with the U.S.
and NATO and their attempts to establish a foothold near Russia (The biggest problem here).

It's cool though, I get it, you're trolling me and you want to say dumb shyt.
So go ahead do your thing.
Actually I'm just gonna come out and say it, you're a fukking idiot breh.

Last edited: