Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
I never said it was a difficult moral position.
This is a fabrication concocted in your minds because I disagree with Ukraine having clean hands in this situation.
ok i'll play, how are ukraine's hands DIRTY in this situation? you know the getting invaded and having your country destroyed by your hyperaggressive neighbor situation.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
ok i'll play, how are ukraine's hands DIRTY in this situation? you know the getting invaded and having your country destroyed by your hyperaggressive neighbor situation.
I feel like the most anyone can say are maybe some war crimes or breakings of the Geneva convention here and there. And war crimes are wrong on all sides.

However...these people got invaded. War is fukked up. They didn't start the war though.

I'm getting real tired of these sexual predator type pro-Putin talking points on some "Ukraine was asking for it" shyt.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
And you think outsiders can accomplish this not some random natural causing sickness but someone will pull off a coup or assassination against Russia a first world country with one of the strongest militaries supported by the biggest economy in 2022 and it not lead to the destruction of human civilization as we know it

all autocrats eventually die in office or in exile.
what makes Putin any different than those who came before him all around the world?
does he have some special sauce the others didn't?
the world won't end if Putin is ousted from power.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
:picard:

Ukrainians say Russians are withdrawing through Chernobyl to regroup in Belarus.

merlin_200160585_374e8fd8-eb21-4ec0-8739-ceebd984c591-articleLarge.jpg

merlin_200160585_374e8fd8-eb21-4ec0-8739-ceebd984c591-articleLarge.jpg

A Ukrainian border guard on patrol near Chernobyl in January.Credit...Tyler Hicks/The New York Times
KYIV, Ukraine — After a month of intense fighting near Kyiv, some Russian military units are withdrawing through the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone to Belarus to regroup, the Ukrainian military said on Sunday, suggesting the Russian army was using the site of the defunct reactor for logistics.

Lingering radiation from the 1986 nuclear disaster poses only modest health risks, though those may be rising for Russian troops positioned in the area as dozens of small wildfires in the surrounding forest were spreading radiation in smoke.

The Ukrainian military’s statement about the partial pullback of Russian troops toward Chernobyl came as another sign that the Russian attack on Kyiv, the capital, has largely stalled in chaotic, inconclusive battles raging for weeks now in several mostly destroyed suburban towns.

There was no way to independently confirm the Ukrainian statement, but it was consistent with what Western intelligence agencies have said about the fighting to the northwest of Kyiv.

The Ukrainian military said an unspecified number of units of Russia’s 35th Combined Arms Army, a Russian military term for a large formation, were being pulled back to regroup after suffering losses in the fighting. It said several units were pulling back to the Chernobyl area and then crossing into Belarus, about 10 miles away. It is possible, the statement said, that after the regrouping and strengthening of the units, they will be redeployed in a renewed effort to encircle Kyiv.

That effort has in any case not wholly halted. On Saturday, Boyarka, a satellite town outside Kyiv to the south of Russia’s former front lines in the area, was shelled for the first time.

Five people were hospitalized, according to the town’s mayor. “Russia can plan its attacks on us but we are also getting ready and I can say that it will not be easy for them here,” Oleksandr Zarubiv, the mayor, said in a telephone interview.

Also on Saturday, intense fighting in the suburban town of Irpin, about three miles from Kyiv, knocked out electricity in Svyatoshyn, a northern district of the capital. At one point Saturday morning, Ukrainian soldiers engaged in a small arms battle with what they said was likely a Russian reconnaissance group on the edge of the capital.

In that gunfight, the Ukrainian soldiers fired their rifles prone on a street in the Svyatoshyn neighborhood of Kyiv, aiming into a forest just outside the capital, according to a witness, Elena Goncharok.

To the east of Kyiv, the Ukrainian military said that it had successfully rebuffed the Russian advance toward the suburban town of Brovary and that Russian forces in the area were now on the defensive.