Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
As Americans we have privileges that people in other countries do not have. Look no further than the BLM protests in America and compare that to the protests in Russia where it's now a crime to voice displeasure with the invasion.

Just the freedom of speech alone places Americans on a whole nother level that people of other nations envy and wish they could get to.
That was only possible because ancestors died for that to be possible, that isn’t a “privilege” given to black people in my opinion

Daps
That was only possible because ancestors died for that to be possible, that isn’t a “privilege” given to black people in my opinion

If freedom of speech wasn't the first amendment of the Constitution, then it wouldn't matter how many of our ancestors died to have that particular right if it wasn't even a right that was guaranteed to any citizen.

If freedom of speech wasn't a privilege given to any American citizens, then our ancestors never would have been able to fight for us to have that right too.

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
If freedom of speech wasn't the first amendment of the Constitution, then it wouldn't matter how many of our ancestors died to have that particular right if it wasn't even a right that was guaranteed to any citizen.

If freedom of speech wasn't a privilege given to any American citizens, then our ancestors never would have been able to fight for us to have that right too.
How much freedom of speech does slaves and former slaves have before and after Jim Crow

Daps
How much freedom of speech does slaves and former slaves have before and after Jim Crow

Breh, no offense, but it sounds like you don't understand how folks are living in other countries.

You and I could catch a flight to the White House this week and go protest Joe Biden and we could stand out there in front of the White House gates, get a crowd, get on the news where we could talk trash about Biden to our heart's desire. And yes, we can do that as former slaves of this country.

If you try to do that in Russia, they will disappear your black ass into a slave labor camp or worse.

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
Breh, no offense, but it sounds like you don't understand how folks are living in other countries.

You and I could catch a flight to the White House this week and go protest Joe Biden and we could stand out there in front of the White House gates, get a crowd, get on the news where we could talk trash about Biden to our heart's desire. And yes, we can do that as former slaves of this country.

If you try to do that in Russia, they will disappear your black ass into a slave labor camp or worse.
What other countries go through ain’t none of our business, We can’t do anything about how they living and how they governments treat them, but to say it’s a “special privilege” for black people to live in America is just a slick way of saying black people should be grateful that are ancestors was slaves being lynch, raped, and tortured and eventually so called “given” rights
People took action for the rights we have today there was no given privilege to slaves, and it’s disingenuous to try and compare are living situation with Russians

Daps
What other countries go through ain’t none of our business, We can’t do anything about how they living and how they governments treat them, but to say it’s a “special privilege” for black people to live in America is just a slick way of saying black people should be grateful that are ancestors was slaves being lynch, raped, and tortured and eventually so called “given” rights
People took action for the rights we have today there was no given privilege to slaves, and it’s disingenuous to try and compare are living situation with Russians

How are you going to come in a thread where the whole topic is what two other countries are going through, and then tell me what other countries go through is none of our business? Do you know where you are, homie? :dwillhuh:

Then you go on to say that it's disingenuous to compare how people live in different countries?

Again I say... as a black man or woman, you're better off in America than you would be in Russia - and yes, that's accounting for the racism that we face over here. You and I have more rights in America than we would have in damn near most other countries. That's just a fact.

And I've given evidence to support that, while you have given none to support what you're saying. Yes, we went through the incredibly brutal inhumane ordeal known as American slavery. But in 2022, thanks to our ancestors fighting for us, you and I have rights that dwarf the rights of other people throughout the world.

It's your blind American privilege that prevents you from being able to see that, because you can't even conceive being in a country where your access to internet is completely cut off, or where you express your displeasure with the government and you and your family are murdered in the middle of the night.

Even right now, you are freely typing on the internet about your displeasure with America. If you tried to do this in Russia, you would be in the gulag sitting next to Britney Griner by breakfast time.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Is it “privilege” or is it just money, the ancestors were lynched, raped, and purposely sabotaged by the government and they had to fight for us to get to we’re we at now, I wouldn’t call that “privilege”

Right American would have never been economically viable if it wasn't for our ancestors. Plus our ancestors contributed to industrial technology development.

For instance a Black man developed sugar refining.

I hate when people(mostly immigrants) say we are "privileged"

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
How are you going to come in a thread where the whole topic is what two other countries are going through, and then tell me what other countries go through is none of our business? Do you know where you are, homie? :dwillhuh:

Then you go on to say that it's disingenuous to compare how people live in different countries?

Again I say... as a black man or woman, you're better off in America than you would be in Russia - and yes, that's accounting for the racism that we face over here. You and I have more rights in America than we would have in damn near most other countries. That's just a fact.

And I've given evidence to support that, while you have given none to support what you're saying. Yes, we went through the incredibly brutal inhumane ordeal known as American slavery. But in 2022, thanks to our ancestors fighting for us, you and I have rights that dwarf the rights of other people throughout the world.

It's your blind American privilege that prevents you from being able to see that, because you can't even conceive being in a country where your access to internet is completely cut off, or where you express your displeasure with the government and you and your family are murdered in the middle of the night.

Even right now, you are freely typing on the internet about your displeasure with America. If you tried to do this in Russia, you would be in the gulag sitting next to Britney Griner by breakfast time.
I’m responding to you proclaiming it’s a privilege for black people to live in America so in terms of this topic are relationship with the government is not comparable to however you think Russians live
Living in a country that is directly involved in the destruction of my family is not a privilege regardless of what so called rights people may have