Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Daps
I’m responding to you proclaiming it’s a privilege for black people to live in America

I see where our disconnect is coming from. I never said that ^^

I didn't say it was a privilege for us to live in America. I said that living in America GRANTS us privileges that people in other nations do not have.

Those are two very different statements.

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
I see where our disconnect is coming from. I never said that ^^

I didn't say it was a privilege for us to live in America. I said that living in America GRANTS us privileges that people in other nations do not have.

Those are two very different statements.
Those are the same statements

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
Never seen before? USA has run NATO for 80 years uninterrupted.

Also I don't think any Russians are lamenting the loss of Facebook and McDonald's.

Also they have their own raw materials.

Also the stock market opened back up today and shot up.
Someone posted a video of long lines at McDonald's the night they closed business.

Quality of life in Russia will drastically decrease no doubt about it.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
Right American would have never been economically viable if it wasn't for our ancestors. Plus our ancestors contributed to industrial technology development.

For instance a Black man developed sugar refining.

I hate when people(mostly immigrants) say we are "privileged"
Compared to most of the world we are privileged...

I'm not with this victim mentality some of you have.

Goto the middle east ..see how they treat an African breh who looks like you

Then come back to this thread and report it until then you have no experience really and only see the world through a lense in which African Americans here are damn near treated like 2nd class citizens...you travel and you find out you're privileged just for having an American passport.

A cop overseas will hem up an African medical student with SPEED..while he'll smile at you and ask about rap or the Yankees and leave you alone..all because YOU'RE AN AMERICAN.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps

Then come back to this thread and report it.

Like breh said what's going on in other places has nothing to do with us.

We aren't about to apologize for being privileged.

Nothing victim mentality about that.

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
How many of y’all would join the fight if drafted
EM3SB4S.gif

Daps

Then come back to this thread and report it until then you have no experience really and only see the world through a lense in which African Americans here are damn near treated like 2nd class citizens...you travel and you find out you're privileged just for having an American passport.

A cop overseas will hem up an African medical student with SPEED..while he'll smile at you and ask about rap or the Yankees and leave you alone..all because YOU'RE AN AMERICAN.

Folks don't see that two things can be true at once.

We are often treated as second class citizens in America.

But second class citizens in America are doing better than most populations throughout the world just due to the rights that the American constitution affords.

That's just a fact.

Like breh said what's going on in other places has nothing to do with us.

We aren't about to apologize for being privileged.

Nothing victim mentality about that.

Breh we are getting way off track in this thread but I never once said that we need to apologize for being privileged.

In fact, I feel the opposite. But what I am saying is that many of us are inside our bubble in America and we can't even fathom being in a society in 2022 where we can't freely speak our minds for fear of the US government coming to kill us in the dead of night.

I can be against America's mistreatment of us as a people while also recognizing that there are privileges that we enjoy as Americans that people in other countries simply do not have.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Russia-Ukraine war: what we know on day 30 of the invasion

Nice summary of updates on where things stand.

Ones that stand out for me:

:francis:

Ukraine has accused Moscow of forcibly taking 402,000 civilians, including 84,000 children, from Ukrainian cities to Russia - and raised concerns that they would be used as hostages. Russia corroborated the numbers but said the civilians has been evacuated willingly.

:ehh:

Biden said China understands the economic consequences that would ensue if it provides help to Russia in its war with Ukraine. Speaking to reporters in Brussels, the US president said the Nato alliance has never been more united than it is today.

:ehh:
The Biden administration and the European Union are expected to announce a major initiative to direct shipments of liquefied natural gas to Europe during the US president’s visit to Brussels this week, the Washington Post reported, citing three US officials familiar with the plan.

Biden really sees this as an opportunity to stop Putin for good. Outside of the GOP fukking it up, (which I expect) this may be the world's best chance.

Eternal Tecate

Superstar
Daps
So that means Tibet and Taiwan and Japan? What about China bullying it’s neighbors in claims of the South China Sea?

Your being really naive. Good is good even in the darkest hour.

China has been on a positive economic upswing for a while, but I don’t think they will be this pushover country you are projecting when things eventually stop going their way.

You're being naive if you think Japan and Taiwan are anything but US military satrapies. The only nation China "bullies" is the US, which is constantly putting their nation at risk.

They're not a pushover country, they're a communist country that's the most self- sustaining country in the world.

Eternal Tecate

Superstar
Daps
You speak in platitudes. That alone tells me you aren't talking from any experience, just about stuff you read online.

Honestly, I don't care to engage you at this point in my life, maybe I will have the headspace in the coming weeks if you are still around.

Power always creates a vaccum. It will be filled by someone. This moment in history is one of the few times power has been shared, even with a dominant superpower like the US.

But let's circle back to the thread topic.

Based on Chinese and Russian reports, you believe this is all about Nazis.

In Ukraine.

So bad that Putin decided to start a war which is claiming innocent lives.

While at the same time not a peep about the far right Nazis in Russia who went from football holligans to a domestic far right army.

OK.

Were the Nazis in Ukraine gearing up to invade Russia? The rest of the world? That is a premise for war? Are you out of your fukkING MIND?

Anyway, I am done. If you believe that bullshyt your mind is shot and you can't be saved. You belong to misinformation's streets.

NATO is the Nazis. America is the Nazis. Ukraine is just a tool used by the Nazis (it also helps that they have the 2nd highest affinity for Nazis in Europe after Germany).

Putin was very clear in his declaration. This has been about NATO since day 1. The US has been training reactionaries in Ukraine since 2014 at least, with the specific goal of poking the bear.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Putin is gonna cross that line. :francis:
Then Putin is suicidal.

Who joins him in WW3?

China?

India?

Saudi Arabia?

Israel?

I fully expect all those nations stand back and watch. India is only fukking with Russia anyway because of weapons to fight China for their border skirmishes.

Russia is only left with a nuclear option after the losses they took in Ukraine.

I guess we are about to see who the madmen are.